Email Marketing Tool

Tommy_GH

Background pattern of the Newsletter. Either too stretched or it repeats too many times

Hello, I have a problem choosing the background pattern for my newsletter.

I have an image representing the pattern that we also have on our website that I would like to use for our emails

When I go to insert the image, it either gets super streched or it repeats too many times and in a really bad way.

I can't even adjust the size of the image as I don't know the size of my newsletter page.
How can I proceed?

Thanks to everyone who will answer me! 😀

2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Background pattern of the Newsletter. Either too stretched or it repeats too many times

Hi @Tommy_GH ,

Just to confirm by newsletter page are you referring to a marketing email that is sent out? the default email body width is 600px and the email body padding is 30px. I would recommend checking the default configuration settings of the marketing emails that are being sent, by following the steps in the knowledge base here

Once this information is got, there is a useful blog post here on resizing an image without losing the quality!

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regard.

Ben_M
Key Advisor

We need to see the code to understand and offer support for this type of question.  If you have a link to "View the Email in a browser" that will suffice.

In short, this is likely due to the CSS code which is either stretching or repeating the image which would make sense based on your response.  And because email clients are tough to deal with and support different things (see this reference - https://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/ ), what you are asking for may not be easy or in many cases possible to support in all clients.