Email Marketing Tool

mrktingsaas0120
Contributor

Automated Email Drip flooded by QQ emails

SOLVE

I have an automated email workflow email running for new trial users. Many of these new users are registering with QQ email addresses. I still would like them to be able to enroll in the campaign, but I'd like to be able to segment them out when reporting. What is the best way to do this? I was thinking I could duplicate the workflow--one for QQ users, one for everyone else. Does anyone have any recommendations?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@mrktingsaas0120  if the domain is the same for all of these emails you could filter that out in your reporting by specifying email contains none of 'QQdomain.com'

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mrktingsaas0120,

An easy way to exclude these contacts in reporting would be by "Email domain doesn't contain any of qq.com".

If you want to break down workflow performance by qq.com / all other email domains, then yes, you would have to create two workflows and also clone the automated emails. I would recommend to create a separate marketing campaign for each workflow and each workflow's emails so that you can leverage the reports under Menu > Marketing > Email > Analytics. (This page can be filtered by campaign and the reports saved to a dashboard, making for easy comparison.)

Some of my customers decided to not accept qq.com addresses and either exclude them directly at the workflow level (via exclusion list based on Email domain) or directly in the form (click into the Email field in the forms editor and you can exclude qq.com from being accepted in the left sidebar).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
mrktingsaas0120
Contributor

SOLVE

thank you both! this is great

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mrktingsaas0120,

An easy way to exclude these contacts in reporting would be by "Email domain doesn't contain any of qq.com".

If you want to break down workflow performance by qq.com / all other email domains, then yes, you would have to create two workflows and also clone the automated emails. I would recommend to create a separate marketing campaign for each workflow and each workflow's emails so that you can leverage the reports under Menu > Marketing > Email > Analytics. (This page can be filtered by campaign and the reports saved to a dashboard, making for easy comparison.)

Some of my customers decided to not accept qq.com addresses and either exclude them directly at the workflow level (via exclusion list based on Email domain) or directly in the form (click into the Email field in the forms editor and you can exclude qq.com from being accepted in the left sidebar).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

christopher-RVO

SOLVE

@mrktingsaas0120  What is a QQ email address?

0 Upvotes
mrktingsaas0120
Contributor

SOLVE

hi! it's a free, personal email service in China. 

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@mrktingsaas0120  if the domain is the same for all of these emails you could filter that out in your reporting by specifying email contains none of 'QQdomain.com'