Automated Blog Email clicks aren't counting as views

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hello, 

I've been noticing that sometimes when we send out our weekly, automated blog emails to blog subscribers, the number of unique clicks to the post via the email does not add up to the number of actual page views for the post itself. For example, our most recent blog email today received 5 unique clicks, but there only seems to be 1 view on the post under the Blog Page in HubSpot. 

Is there a reason why the other unique clicks to the post aren't counting as page views? Is it because the contacts are bouncing immediately so HubSpot isn't registering it as an actual page view?  

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Manager

Hi @Phil_DM2,

Without looking at the specific example and issue it is hard to say what the issue is. There is some information here in regards to how tracking visitors work. 

If the issue is specific to one email/website page, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot technical support for best next steps.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hello, 

What I noticed was that we had a spike in email clicks during the month of October. Coincidentally, there was actually a post in the community about bot activity in emails (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Are-Bots-Affecting-Your-Email/m-p/304082#M3625), so I was thinking that could have been the reason for so many clicks that month. These clicks may not have counted as actual traffic since they bounced immediately after. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's any real solution right now for avoiding email click/open bots. It's a confusing situation for sure! 

0 Upvotes