HubSpot Ideas

Lopalinski

Attachments in marketing emails?

Is it possible to include an attachment (not just a link) to outgoing marketing emails?

23 Replies
mayankdb

While it can be done, most email marketing experts will ask you not to, one of the many reasons being marketing emails are screened more strictly by email servers. And many servers simply say 'no' to marketing emails with attachments for security reasons.

Use GIFs, images, or something similar if possible. 

Lopalinski

Thanks, but where/how is it done?

When Im in the marketing email editor, I dont see a place to add an attachment.

davidfrank

I asked support, and unfortunately there is no way to do this.

The best they offer is to link to a file for the recipient to open.

Suzie-Mamava
Contributor

My government & military audiences can't usually click links, but they can open attachments...go figure. I have to manually send my templates with attachments, then go back and set a task to enroll them in the follow up sequence after a week. It would be so much easier to create templates with actually PDF attachments, so I can get them into the sequence from the start.

RGray-11
Participant

Have there been any feature updates to allow for attachments to be added to email templates? Government customers are advised not to open embedded images or links and explicitly ask content to be sent as an attachment for security reasons. If this hasn't been addressed, this would be a huge problem for us in the way we use HubSpot. 

DOMMA
Participant

I have the exact same problem.  My customers, Defense Contractors, cannot open embedded links. 

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @DOMMA, are they receiving any error messages?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

brittneyvan

I have the same question as RGray-11. Hubspot is one of two CRM systems that we are currently using. We are trying to decide which system is more efficient. Hubspot definitely allows us to do more however our clients and prospects havent been receiving our marketing emails (most of our clients work at large banks that have very strict SPAM filters). This is a huge dealbreaker for us. We need to be able to send large institutions marketing emails with attachments.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @brittneyvan 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

KristinWilkes
Participant

If we can't attach to a marketing email, it there anyway to use the same template in a normal email and be able to send to the same list of people? (We have clients we email as well, and I like the marketing process better than sending it through each individual contact, as it takes too long)

test1232

Kristin,  Same issue here. I need to send spreadsheets to large client base. Have you found a solution? 

KristinWilkes
Participant

Not yet, I hope soon! 

Nengipie
Contributor

Wow awesome question

DOMMA
Participant

This is not a working solution for me.   My email marketing is going to Defense Contractors; Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin and the dozens of smaller contractors.  None of these guys can open embedded emails, they have to have the file attached as a pdf.

test1232

Similar situation here. Trying to find alterantive than manually creating each email. 

Thank you for the reply!

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello, @DOMMA @test1232 thank you for your feedback! As @TiphaineCuisset mentioned previously I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this, even if it's mentioned not planned, your feedback will be sent to our product team! You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Kindly,

Pam

VSrivastava5

This is what I do, I add a button and make it a file download. you can rename the button as per the need. 

looks fancy and solves the problem for the time being. 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing, @VSrivastava5

Kalkaj78
Participant

Some of us use the marketing email feature to send important info to clients. So it's def a needed feature.

OGS_Mktg

We ran into this today, again, and really need this feature!