Email Marketing Tool

MLee5
Participant

Assigning work to 3rd parties and tracking jobs

SOLVE

Hello all - 

We currently use Airtable as a task management system.

Team members fill out a “Ticket” of form fields and menus in order to submit a job request to our Art Dept. Manager.

This “ticket” creates a “record" on our Airtable chart. The record has cells that correspond to the items filled out on the ticket.

Airtable allows us to filter the cells within a table of records, and easily create reports based on their content

Ticket fields/record cells are:

- Job Name

- Request Date

- Due Date

- Completion Date

- Assigned to (choose from pre-determined list)

- Status

- Fee

- Submitter

- Submitter Dept.

- Job Description

- Text for job

- Attachments

We would like to move away from Airtable as we further integrate with Hubspot and would like to know how Hubspot can help handle this flow of information.

Thanks.

MIchael           

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
Drew_Cohen
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for looping me in, @sharonlicari

Hi, @MLee5 -- from what you've described, it sounds like using Hubspot could be an excellent fit. Because you're already using what you're describing as "Tickets", using the Hubspot Service Hub would be a great fit (note: you could also use Deals, but since your team is already comfortable with referring to these tasks as Tickets, my recommendation would be to use Service Hub).

Using the list of fields you provided in your post, you could very easily set up a new Ticket creation requirement that all of those fields have to be filled out upon creation of any new Ticket. As is the case with other Hubspot objects (Contacts, Companies, Deals), you have the ability to filter tickets and create reports. For example, if you wanted to filter jobs based on Request Date, you can do that through a filter, and/or create a list of jobs that fit that segment.

By storing this data in Tickets, you then unlock the power of Hubspot's automation engine. If a ticket meets a certain criteria, for example, you can rout that lead to a particular person inside Art Department. You can get super creative here with internal/operational style workflows to make sure that projects stay on schedule, and that your desired processes are followed as you complete the "Ticket".

Drew_Cohen_0-1614858378349.png

Hope this was helpful.

Drew Hubspot Community Signature.png

View solution in original post

MLee5
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Drew - much much appreciated. I've forwarded to my co-worker and hope that will work really well.  Thank you again - owe you a virtual coffee!!!

Michael

Carly_Farlow
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

I love this idea! We currently use tickets for our Sales Solutions team and it fits quite great for them. It is associated with the company and the existing deal in HubSpot so everyone can have eyes on it. @Drew_Cohen did a fantastic job outlining the benefits of tickets. One thing I would add is if any of that information already exists at the contact or company level, you can build a workflow to copy properties from the contact/company to the ticket. 

Good luck with the migration!

8 Replies 8
KCiliberto
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the GREAT advice! As I dig into this I see that Service Hub is a paid add on. Is that correct? We have an established pipeline for customer email correspondance, and that pipleline has it's own ticket and contents. It looks like I am not allowed to create another pipeline for an "Art Dept Ticket". My assumption is that any additional pipelines can only be created in Service Hub? Thank you all again! We truly appreciate all the help.

Drew_Cohen
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @KCiliberto, thank you! I'm happy to help. You are correct that the Service Hub is a separate hub. I've also pasted a screenshot from Hubspot's pricing page that shows the different product levels and how many ticket pipelines are included in each.

Drew_Cohen_0-1614879512070.png

Hope this helps.

Drew_Cohen
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks! Great addition, @Carly_Farlow.

Carly_Farlow
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

I love this idea! We currently use tickets for our Sales Solutions team and it fits quite great for them. It is associated with the company and the existing deal in HubSpot so everyone can have eyes on it. @Drew_Cohen did a fantastic job outlining the benefits of tickets. One thing I would add is if any of that information already exists at the contact or company level, you can build a workflow to copy properties from the contact/company to the ticket. 

Good luck with the migration!

Drew_Cohen
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for looping me in, @sharonlicari

Hi, @MLee5 -- from what you've described, it sounds like using Hubspot could be an excellent fit. Because you're already using what you're describing as "Tickets", using the Hubspot Service Hub would be a great fit (note: you could also use Deals, but since your team is already comfortable with referring to these tasks as Tickets, my recommendation would be to use Service Hub).

Using the list of fields you provided in your post, you could very easily set up a new Ticket creation requirement that all of those fields have to be filled out upon creation of any new Ticket. As is the case with other Hubspot objects (Contacts, Companies, Deals), you have the ability to filter tickets and create reports. For example, if you wanted to filter jobs based on Request Date, you can do that through a filter, and/or create a list of jobs that fit that segment.

By storing this data in Tickets, you then unlock the power of Hubspot's automation engine. If a ticket meets a certain criteria, for example, you can rout that lead to a particular person inside Art Department. You can get super creative here with internal/operational style workflows to make sure that projects stay on schedule, and that your desired processes are followed as you complete the "Ticket".

Drew_Cohen_0-1614858378349.png

Hope this was helpful.

MLee5
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Drew - much much appreciated. I've forwarded to my co-worker and hope that will work really well.  Thank you again - owe you a virtual coffee!!!

Michael

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @MLee5 

Thank you for the information provided!

I'll tag a few experts that will be able to share their thoughts about this

Hey @Josh @Drew_Cohen @Carly_Farlow what would you advise here?

Thanks

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MLee5
Participant

SOLVE

Sharon, 

I can't say thank you enough times for making us feel like we're not alone on these questions.  So appreciated.  Michael