Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

roisinkirby
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Ask Us Anything about Marketing Hub Starter!

resolver

Last week HubSpot announced the launch of  Marketing Hub Starter, a new software offering that aims to give growing teams the tools they need to start marketing right. To celebrate experts from HubSpot's own Product and Marketing Teams will be answering your questions next week on how to start marketing right with HubSpot.

Some topics of interest you can ask the team about include:

• The Marketing Hub Starter product and features to help you to get started growing your business.
  • Converting traffic into leads with ads and forms
  • Engaging and nurturing leads with personalized email marketing
  • Analyzing and improving your efforts using essential marketing reports

This AMA will start on Friday, July 27th at 9:00 AM ET. Paul, Courtney, Marjorie, Eabhan and Tova will be answering questions between 9am - 5pm ET. Feel free to start adding questions now, and the team will begin answering them on Friday.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.40.56 PM.png                                                            Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 4.04.28 PM.png                                     

Paul Weston (@pweston3)                                        Tom Monaghan (@TomMonaghan)
Senior Product Manager, Marketing Hub            Director of Product, Email

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.49.46 PM.png                                                               Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.51.34 PM.png

Courtney Sembler (@cbsembler)                                Marjorie Munroe (@JorieMunroe)
Inbound Professor                                                          Inbound Professor

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.53.36 PM.png                                                              Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.53.23 PM.png

Tova Miller (@TovaMiller)                                                         Eabhan Rowe (@Eabhan)

Demand Generation Marketing                                  Customer Marketing

Click here to learn more about Marketing Hub Starter.

1 Solução aceita
pweston3
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @RevQ,

Marketing Hub Starter includes simple automated emails that can be triggered by Lead Flow submissions. These emails are plain-text, but are mobile friendly in the way they wrap and render. 

Fully-featured automated Workflows are included in Marketing Hub Professional.  

Thanks,

Paul

30 Respostas 30
MikhailK
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Is there an option to send follow up email when form is submitted (not Lead flow but a form?) in Marketing starter? 

And how Email templates are accessed in Starter? Do we have an access for Design Tools? Or Starter package allows only using predefined templates?

MeganNevins
Membro

resolver
I recently passed my new inbound marketing exam with a 47/50 and that was on the 24th. I still havent recieved my certificate.
0 Avaliação positiva
cbsembler
Equipe da Academy
Equipe da Academy

resolver

Hello @MeganNevins

If you provide me with your email address I am happy to take a look at your Certification. 

In addition, you can see if your badge was delivered by following the below instructions: 

1. In your HubSpot account click your account name in the top right-hand corner, then click Learning Center
  2. Navigate to the Certification you are looking for. 
  3. Click  'View Certification' on the certification you want to view 

learning-center-view-certification.png

If you are unable to see if there please let me know and provide your email address so I can take a deep look. You can also email me (csembler@hubspot.com). 

Thanks, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Avaliação positiva
pweston3
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

what features are available with Marketing Hub Starter?

Here's a list of the major features that come with Marketing Hub Starter: https://www.hubspot.com/pricing/marketing?selectedPackage=starter

This page also has more context and information: https://www.hubspot.com/products/marketing/starter

Does this package include automation tools? 

Marketing Hub Starter includes simple automated emails that can be triggered by Lead Flow submissions. Fully-featured automated Workflows are included in Marketing Hub Professional.  

0 Avaliação positiva
JorieMunroe
Professor de Inbound
Professor de Inbound

resolver

Hi @hubspot,

Great question! I recommend your marketing interns start with the Inbound Certification and (especially!) Inbound Marketing Certification. These will provide the most context on the state of inbound marketing. The latter will also start to touch on the implementing inbound strategies. 

Depending on the interns' exact roles, we do also have certifications that cover Content Marketing, Email Marketing, and Social Media Marketing that could help with more specific strategy/application needs. 

Tracks are a little less time intensive and targeted (in terms of subject matter). We have a  business writing track with author Daniel Pink (see here) that may be useful.  The Building Sustainable Traffic for Business Growth track, taught by Matt Howell-Barby, also breaks SEO down in an incredibly accessible way. 

Any and all content can also be taken as bite sized lesson (usually 30 minutes or less). So if time is a worry, I recommend having your interns look at the Lesson tab first to make sure they are getting the information they need — fast. 

Best,

Jorie

TomMonaghan

resolver

"what's your biggest piece of advice for EMEA marketers who are impacted by GDPR?"

So first off: TINAL - Tom Is Not A Lawyer.  Smiley feliz

So the short answer is, do the right thing.  GDPR is Inbound, with a host of very specific requirements added in. Review those and how they impact your business. Engage a lawyer. Only you and they can know the impact and requirements on your business.

Ok, now that that's out of the way.  My biggest piece of advice is to focus on being transparent with your contacts.  Did you give them notice? Were you super clear on how you're establishing the legal basis for storing their data and communicating with them?   Finally, if you don't know the answers to these questions, you can be sure your contacts won't know either and I'd guess that's not a discussion anyone wants to have with a regulator.

-Tom

tammydonelson
Membro

resolver

How can I track the actions of contacts whose email addresses have been uploaded since they show as an offline source?

0 Avaliação positiva
cbsembler
Equipe da Academy
Equipe da Academy

resolver

Hey @tammydonelson

If you are looking to specifically track contacts that have the original source of 'offline sources' you can use that criteria  to create a list and then drill down based off actions you are interested in. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 2.38.03 PM.png

If you are looking to dig into something else please let me know. 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Avaliação positiva
TovaMiller
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

I tend to measure success of an email campaign based on email engagement via clickthrough rate. 

There are 3 metrics that I look at for each send: 

1. Clickthrough rate: shows how much the content we are sending is resonating with our audience

2. Unsubscribe rates: how much the content is not resonating with our audience

3. Influenced monthly recurring revenue 90 days after send. We measure this by looking at clickthroughs and then deals closed within that 90 days after recipients open and click the email. 

0 Avaliação positiva
Anonymous
Não aplicável

resolver

@TomMonaghan@pweston3 can you give a high level breakdown of when to use Sales HUB CRM email tools and when to use Marketing Hub email tools? I'm struggeling to explain to my teams the difference in use case, target audience and strategy - I also don't want my teams misusing the tools and compromising sending scores.

...on that note, how do sending scores work at HubSpot?

0 Avaliação positiva
pweston3
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @Anonymous,

Sales Hub email tools, like Sequences and Templates, are optimized for making sales rep processes more efficient. Here are some examples: 

• Before/after meeting with someone
  • Moving a conversation to email (from a phone call, social network, or in-person)
  • Regular customer outreach and nurturing

In any case, Sales Hub email makes your life easier because you can save and automate templates of follow-up emails for a variety of these sales scenarios, and customize them on a 1-to-1 basis if you'd like. 

Marketing Hub email tools are best suited for targeted campaigns at scale. This is the tool you want to use to reach a larger (yet well-segmented) audience. Here are some examples:

• Invitation to attend a webinar or event
  • Promote or showcase products you're selling
  • Update your audience with relevant announcements or news

In Marketing Hub Starter, you can to segment and send to lists of contacts, look professional with an easy-to-use editor, and measure success with robust post-send reporting. With Marketing Pro & Enterprise, you can also send automated workflows, blog notifications, A/B tests, and more. 

In both Sales and Marketing Hub email, make sure you've got permission to email contacts and that they expect to hear from you! Smiley feliz Here are some tips to keep your contact lists clean and get your email delivered: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-clean-up-your-contact-lists-to-improve-deliverability

Anonymous
Não aplicável

resolver

@Eabhan I'd like to know how you approach content / communications with your customer base? How do your goals / strategies / results differ to emails that are focuses on lead generation / conversion?

0 Avaliação positiva
Eabhan
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

ey @Anonymous great question!

Lead generation/conversion is the fundamental focus of a lot of marketers because its how they drive revenue for their business. As a customer marketer, driving revenue (1) looks a little different for me, and (2) is only one part of my goals.

The three pillars of our customer marketing team are Engagement, Advocacy and Revenue. My role is then to build communication strategies that support each of these pillars. Because I support a variety of goals- the results that I focus on are highly dependant on the TYPE of email I'm sending.

Engagement

Enable customers to see growth with HubSpot and our products.

Example: Creating automated onboarding resources for customers to support their early experience with HubSpot.

Results: Focus on engagement with the HubSpot product and self-reported satisfaction with HubSpot.

*The important thing to note is that engagement is the central pillar of our customer marketing strategy, only by showing your customers TRUE value can you create advocates and customer revenue

Advocacy

Enable our happiest customers to be our best marketing team

Example: Focusing on moments when our customers are seeing success, and encouraging them to write a review for HubSpot at that point

Results: % of customers who are advocates or review success

Revenue

Driving revenue by improving retention and showing value of other products to your customer base

Example: Surfacing products to customers that are a good-fit for their usage

Results: Increased retention or revenue from the customer base

Eabhan, Customer & Partner Comms @ HubSpot
0 Avaliação positiva
manderson
Participante

resolver

How can I generate a report of all conversions (form fills) for all forms? So far I only that it is possible to run a report for new contacts of customers. 

0 Avaliação positiva
pweston3
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @manderson, it depends a bit on what you're looking for.

You can see all contacts from form submissions by going to Contacts, adding a filter for the property "Number of form submissions", and choosing "is greater than" 0. 

From there, you can add them to a list for emailing or perform other bulk actions like assigning a HubSpot owner.

Thanks,

Paul

Jigna
Participante

resolver

In the analyse section of content - emails, would it be possible to have clicked-through rates available as a column instead of just click rate please? Be good to see that for each individual email.

pweston3
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @Jigna,

Thanks for the feedback! This isn't an option in the Analyze tab right now, but it's something we'll consider. 

Paul

Cofide
Membro

resolver

Hi my name is Fernanda, 

It would be great that more courses of Hubspot could be  in other languages, for example in spanish we've only have Inbound Certification and Marketing Software.

It would be nice that us as costumers of Hubspot  or like a volunteer programme we could be capable to translate the courses.

In order to reach public and to promote the importance of Inbound Methodology and other content related.

0 Avaliação positiva
JorieMunroe
Professor de Inbound
Professor de Inbound

resolver

Hi @Cofide,

Welcome to HubSpot Community. Thank you for the feedback. We are currently working on processes to make sure our content and certifications are available in more languages moving forward. I have forwarded this feedback along to the team responsible for these translations to continue to support their efforts!

Best,

Jorie

0 Avaliação positiva
ErinK
Participante

resolver

So Hubspots email reporting is super messy in my opinion. What do you all use to have a clean way to report on email sends both total and by recipient.

Is there anything we can do to keep our internal people who receive our emails off the analytics? Like a seed list? I have worked other places where a 'seed list' is used and it is kept separate from the actual email recipients.

Thanks All!

0 Avaliação positiva