Email Marketing Tool

sberry11
Top Contributor

Alter unsubscribe link in marketing email footer

SOLVE

At the bottom of our email footer, there is an "Unsubscribe from all future emails" link and this will unsubscribe a user from all emails - marketing and sales. Is there a way to change this to marketing emails? If there is I can't seem to find it. Our marketing emails are mainly blog updates and a monthly newsletter. Our sales emails are different, but right now if a customer decides to no longer receive our newsletter they are opting out of all communication with us and we can't email them. You can see the problem here. The update preferences does sound like more steps so I can see how they are prone to simply opt out of all. That's fine, but can I make it opt out of all marketing since they are very different?

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @sberry11,

You could consider switching the opt out link with the email preferences link; as referenced in this article you need to have one or the other included in your footer, so linking contacts' to their email preferences would enable them to select which communications they want to opt out of. 

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @sberry11,

You could consider switching the opt out link with the email preferences link; as referenced in this article you need to have one or the other included in your footer, so linking contacts' to their email preferences would enable them to select which communications they want to opt out of. 

Thanks,
Jenny

jmgrand
Contributor

SOLVE

We use global modules for the unsubscribe text, however can't use the drag and drop email editor as it won't allow global module use (or didn't, as of a few weeks ago). Would obviously love to use the new tool, but have to use the Classic editor as a result of this. 

Hope this is a bug in the new editor that will be fixed soon?