Email Marketing Tool

cha99ndra

Adding the drag and drop email creator tab

SOLVE

I don't seem to have the drag and drop email editor tab/option. How do I add that? Also asked support about removing a block in an email template and I got this response:

So, in the email editor, you'll want to go to settings > scroll to advanced settings > hit edit this template > from there, you can right click on the name of the template in the left hand side to clone it > Then, you'll want to remove lines 309-317 from the code-- that will look like this:

{% if widget_data.navigation_units.value >= 3 %}

<td style="color: {{ accent_color }}; font-family: 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic **bleep**', Meiryo, 'MS PGothic', 'Osaka', Arial, sans-serif; padding: 12px;">

{% widget_block rich_text 'navigation_link_3' label='Navigation link 3' overridable=true no_wrapper=True %}

{% widget_attribute 'html' %}

<a href="#" style="color: inherit; text-decoration: none;">WORKS</a>

{% end_widget_attribute %}

{% end_widget_block %}

</td>

{% endif %}

Once you've done that, you can switch to the cloned template!

1. Where do I find the Email Editor that she speaks of? 

2. Legit... I'm over it. No way it can be this difficult to remove a box placeholder.

3. HEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Joe-Kelp
Solution
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

If you are referring to having access to the drag and drop email builder, this is something you will have to ask Hubspot support to re-enable for you. We encountered this issue when we upgraded from the free HubSpot subscription to Marketing pro. The drag and drop editor was removed from our account once we upgraded. 

I asked support to ungate the drag and drop builder for me and they simply went into our account and turned the feature back on for us. Now when we select "create a new email" in the email area, we get the option to use a drag and drop template or one of our custom templates. 

drag and drop example.png

You can find all of your templates for emails, pages, modules, etc. in the "design tools" tab. 

design tools.png

It sounds like your support person was trying to help you delete the module inside the code of the template itself... meaning that template must be an HTML template and not the normal block-based template (see both examples below). 

HTML Template

coded email.png

Block Template

block email builder.png

Typically, it's as easy as clicking the module you want to remove and hitting delete (in the block-based editor). But if your template is an HTML template, you have to select the batch of code that makes up the module and delete it that way. If you aren't familiar with HTML and hubl, I wouldn't recommend editing the HTML template. 

Hopefully getting the drag and drop builder turned back on will help solve your headache. With the right development help, you can even create your own custom modules that can be used in both the drag and drop builder and the custom templates.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Joe-Kelp
Solution
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

If you are referring to having access to the drag and drop email builder, this is something you will have to ask Hubspot support to re-enable for you. We encountered this issue when we upgraded from the free HubSpot subscription to Marketing pro. The drag and drop editor was removed from our account once we upgraded. 

I asked support to ungate the drag and drop builder for me and they simply went into our account and turned the feature back on for us. Now when we select "create a new email" in the email area, we get the option to use a drag and drop template or one of our custom templates. 

drag and drop example.png

You can find all of your templates for emails, pages, modules, etc. in the "design tools" tab. 

design tools.png

It sounds like your support person was trying to help you delete the module inside the code of the template itself... meaning that template must be an HTML template and not the normal block-based template (see both examples below). 

HTML Template

coded email.png

Block Template

block email builder.png

Typically, it's as easy as clicking the module you want to remove and hitting delete (in the block-based editor). But if your template is an HTML template, you have to select the batch of code that makes up the module and delete it that way. If you aren't familiar with HTML and hubl, I wouldn't recommend editing the HTML template. 

Hopefully getting the drag and drop builder turned back on will help solve your headache. With the right development help, you can even create your own custom modules that can be used in both the drag and drop builder and the custom templates.

Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi,

The drag and drop email template is not available for all email templates, you will need to ask support for this.

However if what you are looking for is removing a block, you can do it when going into the template editor and deleting the box you need deleted, make sure to clone the template if you are not sure.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution