Email Marketing Tool

chirag_
Participant

Adding custom un subscribe link.

Hello, 

Can we use custom links for unsubscribe links in email templates in marketing emails?

Example: I would like to use www.abc.com as the link to unsubscribe. 

Can anyone please suggest how to do this? 

Thank you. 

8 Replies 8
andrus
Top Contributor

Curious what's the use case of using a custom unsubscribe domain/link over the built-in Hubspot one?

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
0 Upvotes
AdelC_Unir
Participant

A good case for needing the unsuscribe link customization are companies that rely on many different solutions for e-mail comunications. In this case the optimal solution is having a custom "unsuscribe page" that process the DNC in all of those platforms by using its APIs. This is the case of the place where I work, here we use Mapp, Mailchimp, Hubspot and some other platforms. And lacking the custom unsuscribe link is doing our job more difficult.

So customizing the unsuscribe url would be a nice and easy addon for next releases.

Ben_M
Key Advisor

The unsubscribe link is required by Hubspot. While you can change some of the settings ( https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/can-i-customize-my-can-spam-email-footer ), I don't believe you can hide the fact that the link is for unsubscribing as that would likely violate anti-spam laws.  

chirag_
Participant

Thank you @JessicaH

@Ben_M  Thank you for your response. I understand that the unsubscribe link has to be there for the regulatory requirements. But I am unable to add a custom unsubscribe link. How can I add www.example.com/unsubscribe as my unsubscribe link? 

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

If you are looking to change the URL, you can connect a domain for the email marketing type.  However, if you are asking if you can use your own unsubscribe page and not link to the one that Hubspot provides that is currently not officially allowed as the emails look for those template bits.  

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @chirag_,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.
Hi @Ben_M @Mike_Eastwood @Kim_HM, would you be able to share your thoughts?

Thanks,
Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
GKrish

Hi, it's been two years and has there been any solution to adding a custom unsubscribe link? I would like have my unsubscribe like below, 

"If you don't want to hear from me again, please let me know."

Please help
0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GKrish since this is an old thread I encourage you to create a new conversation to have more visibility 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes