Email Marketing Tool

AmiraLiese
Participant

Adding an Emoji to an Email Subject line

SOLVE

There was a post on Linkedin from someone working in a media group. They stated that after six months of collecting data, having an emoji as the first character of an eNewsletter increased the open rate by 27%.

What are your thoughts on adding an emoji to the subject line of an email sent for marketing, sales, or client communication?

Does it help, hurt, or make any difference in opening an email?

Thank you so much!

1 Accepted solution
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @AmiraLiese ,

Everything from 💌, to 🚨 and even ☀️ consistently make appearances in our inboxes. In last few years I have seen that usage of these emoji is increased more than 1000%. 

Not only the facts I personally used it and according to what I observe is for some industries it is very helpful and for some it doesn't needed ever.

It actually creates and notifies people about urgency, priority. So people are now used to with this they identify the context of email by just viewing the preview of mobile notifications and they decide that this email is going to relevant or just sitting in the inboxes for long term.

So yes, I advice you to test emoji for your industry by creating an A/B testing email and create atleast 2 versions of your email and use emoji in one version and other version's email subject line should be exact same except that emoji so after one week I think you will find the performance of both versions and you can easily decide whether you should use the emoji or not.

I hope this will help you.

Thank you

Shubham Nigam 

HubSpot Administrator

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
BFelix

SOLVE

As i have used several time in the newsletter for Instagram scraper tools. Yeah they are right the response is something better than the newsletter without the emoji. Now we are constantly using the emojis in our newletter and getting good response. Try it once you will love it.

0 Upvotes
AmiraLiese
Participant

SOLVE

Fantastic💫 Thank you so much for your feedback!

0 Upvotes
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @AmiraLiese ,

Everything from 💌, to 🚨 and even ☀️ consistently make appearances in our inboxes. In last few years I have seen that usage of these emoji is increased more than 1000%. 

Not only the facts I personally used it and according to what I observe is for some industries it is very helpful and for some it doesn't needed ever.

It actually creates and notifies people about urgency, priority. So people are now used to with this they identify the context of email by just viewing the preview of mobile notifications and they decide that this email is going to relevant or just sitting in the inboxes for long term.

So yes, I advice you to test emoji for your industry by creating an A/B testing email and create atleast 2 versions of your email and use emoji in one version and other version's email subject line should be exact same except that emoji so after one week I think you will find the performance of both versions and you can easily decide whether you should use the emoji or not.

I hope this will help you.

Thank you

Shubham Nigam 

HubSpot Administrator