Email Marketing Tool

MAlvarado4

Adding a video link to a Hubspot email

SOLVE

Hello, 

What video players does Hubspot support for marketing emails? 

I use JW Player and it looks like it does not support that video player when I try inserting the link. Is YouTube the only option? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MAlvarado4,

HubSpot has a specific feature for video in emails but that is limited to Professional and Enterprise subscriptions, not available in the free CRM: Add videos to emails

You might be able to get to work another type of embedded video but it likely won't work reliably and consistently across all email clients. (Some major email clients still do not support embedded videos at all.) If you choose this option, it would come down to testing this in different test email inboxes to see if it works. There isn't any official information as to what should work and what not.

If you want to embed a video in a marketing email, my recommendation would be to embed a gif that links to the video itself, see this tutorial: How to Embed Video in Email [Quick Tip]

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MAlvarado4,

HubSpot has a specific feature for video in emails but that is limited to Professional and Enterprise subscriptions, not available in the free CRM: Add videos to emails

You might be able to get to work another type of embedded video but it likely won't work reliably and consistently across all email clients. (Some major email clients still do not support embedded videos at all.) If you choose this option, it would come down to testing this in different test email inboxes to see if it works. There isn't any official information as to what should work and what not.

If you want to embed a video in a marketing email, my recommendation would be to embed a gif that links to the video itself, see this tutorial: How to Embed Video in Email [Quick Tip]

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.