Add option to default log/track to unchecked in Gmail

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Please add an option to default the Gmail log/track checkboxes to unchecked when composing a new email.

The reason for this is I use Gmail to send from several different accounts (non Gmail). When sending from any other account, I have to manually uncheck both boxes so emails and new contacts (personal, other organizations) don't end up in HubSpot when they shouldn't.

The workaround for me would be to remove the integration and just use the forward address to log emails from the relevant account but I find the Gmail integration to be useful and would like to continue using it if this option were available.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @afonseca The stickyness of the Gmail and Outlook extension has long been a hot topic amongst our users. Can you add your comments to this Ideas Forum thread

Thank you, 

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, I read the thread which seems to be specific to Outlook. I created a specific one for Gmail instead:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-option-to-set-log-track-defaults-in-Gmail/idi-p/1...