Email Marketing Tool

PKethavarapu
Participant

Add Fields to Subscription Preferences Template

SOLVE

Hello All,
I am new to Hubspot. Is there any way where I can add FirstName, Last Name, Email Address fields to the default Subscription Preferences form? And populate it with the values when a user clicks the link from an email.

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PKethavarapu,

Thanks for being specific! When you're in the form editor, you can reference these subscription types via the Other form elements > GDPR options in the left sidebar. Admittedly, these are a bit hidden.

After selecting one of the two options that start with "Consent checkbox", you can click into the form text on the right and you'll be able to see, add and edit the subscription types via the sidebar again:

gdpr.gif

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13
PKethavarapu
Participant

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler  - Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
PKethavarapu
Participant

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler  - I created a single checkbox property and added it in the form. When it's checked, will the value be automatically captured by HubSpot or is there any logic I need to add for the field to work.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PKethavarapu,

HubSpot doesn't automatically do that, no, you would have to create a workflow like the one below to unsubscribe this contact from specific subscription types:

karstenkoehler_0-1625576005550.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PKethavarapu,

Correct, this property cannot be added to forms. You would have to create a custom property and use that property to enroll contacts in a workflow to unsubscribe that contact from all emails.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Happy to help!

Karsten Köhler

PKethavarapu
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler , I cannot add "unsubscribe to all mailing lists" checkbox to the form. Is there any way I can add it to the form?

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
PKethavarapu
Participant

SOLVE

Great to know this. Thanks a lot @karstenkoehler . This is really helpful 😁

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PKethavarapu,

In the options you can Add link to reset the form, but there isn't any option to add a cancel button.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

PKethavarapu
Participant

SOLVE

Gotcha! Thanks a lot for this. One last question, is there any way where I can add another button to the form say Cancel button?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PKethavarapu,

Thanks for being specific! When you're in the form editor, you can reference these subscription types via the Other form elements > GDPR options in the left sidebar. Admittedly, these are a bit hidden.

After selecting one of the two options that start with "Consent checkbox", you can click into the form text on the right and you'll be able to see, add and edit the subscription types via the sidebar again:

gdpr.gif

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

LCichy
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, this is a huge help. Were it not for this post, I'd still be stumbling around in the dark looking for the answer. 

PKethavarapu
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler, Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

I tried creating newsletter form but I cannot see an option to drag and drop Subscription Preferences that were created under Settings > Marketing > Email > Subscription Types. Is there any way that I can add it to the form?

Best,

Sai

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PKethavarapu,

This can be achieved with any form, yes! When you create a new form under Menu > Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms, you can either start from scratch or pick a newsletter subscription form template. Simply search, then drag and drop the fields from the left sidebar into the form on the right, instructions here: Create forms (this page also includes an instructional video)

Under form options, you can then choose to Pre-populate fields with known values: "if a contact has previously visited your site and submitted a form, and HubSpot was able to store and track their cookies, any known field values can be pre-populated on the form. This option is enabled by default. To disable this option, click to toggle the Pre-populate fields with known values switch off."

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler