Email Marketing Tool

shruti
Participant

A/B Testing of autoresponder Emails

SOLVE

when we get lead form fill up, we send an auto-email
in the auto-email we have a video but i want to a-b test two different videos in the auto-responder email and track which video gets more open rates and watch time

can we a-b test videos in the same email i want to see which email users open more?

1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @shruti

When looking at A/B Testing Emails and the videos you are wishing to embed in them, it would be better to have one email go out that leads the recipients to a Landing Page that you can A/B test and have the two different videos on the pages. 

Due to spam and security reasons, video is not supported in email across some major email clients, such as Gmail and Yahoo. You can, however, insert a screenshot image of your video and link to the landing page the video is embedded on. If you have two different videos you could see how they perform on the Landing Page and then proceed with the higher viewed. 

Please let me know if you have any more questions! 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JLSB
Contributor

SOLVE

If you want to attract clients who are most likely to get results and continue using your product (because they are using marketing best practices), I recommend implementing split testing on workflows on Marketing Enterprise. 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @shruti if you are a Marketing Professional or Enterprise customer you can utilize A/B Testing in your HubSpotemails. Full details on how to do this can be found here: How to carry out A/B testing in email

If you want to test elements on a page, in this case a video, it might be better to to A/B Test a Landing Page, also available to Marketing Professional and Enterprise customers. 

Ultimately it depends on what you are trying to compare/test. 

0 Upvotes
shruti
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @roisinkirby

But what if I want to AB test video in email..is that possible?

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @shruti

When looking at A/B Testing Emails and the videos you are wishing to embed in them, it would be better to have one email go out that leads the recipients to a Landing Page that you can A/B test and have the two different videos on the pages. 

Due to spam and security reasons, video is not supported in email across some major email clients, such as Gmail and Yahoo. You can, however, insert a screenshot image of your video and link to the landing page the video is embedded on. If you have two different videos you could see how they perform on the Landing Page and then proceed with the higher viewed. 

Please let me know if you have any more questions! 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy