Email Marketing Tool

squigglebit
Contributor

A/B Email Testing - Lists

SOLVE

Is there a way to create lists out of which version of an A/B Email a user has received?

When I select Marketing Email as an option I can't seem to filter between the 2 variants and I don't really want to create a static list each time, as this won't work for us.

What I could actually do with is A/B testing in the workflow but since this doesn't seem to be an option I'm trying workarounds.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @squigglebit,

Depending on what your overall goal is, you might find this helpful: How to A/B test within a Workflow (workaround with guide video)

Alternatively, virtually anything can be achieved with custom code actions in workflows in Operations Hub Professional. These require some Python or Javascript knowledge and that additional subscription.

For anything else, I'd recommend submitting a request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team evaluates these requests based on their popularity.

If you found this helpful and want others to find this information more easily, you can accept my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Mike_Donnelly
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@squigglebit Check out split test automation which is a native (and free) tool with HubSpot.  It will do all the things you are looking for.  Here's a link to the HubSpot app marketplace where you can learn more.  https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/marketing-automation/split-test-automation-...

0 Upvotes
squigglebit
Contributor

SOLVE

I apprecciate the response but as I said I don't want to create a static list each time, I wanted an active one which there isn't an option for, which is a shame.

Also I'm aware how to A/B test emails in workflows, but you can't A/B test anything other than emails which is frustrating particularly as a marketeer when it comes to split testing I feel this should just be part of HubSpot in general.

Fingers crossed they'll bring these in at some point 🙂

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @squigglebit,

Depending on what your overall goal is, you might find this helpful: How to A/B test within a Workflow (workaround with guide video)

Alternatively, virtually anything can be achieved with custom code actions in workflows in Operations Hub Professional. These require some Python or Javascript knowledge and that additional subscription.

For anything else, I'd recommend submitting a request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team evaluates these requests based on their popularity.

If you found this helpful and want others to find this information more easily, you can accept my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
BvandenBrande

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

Thanks again for the tip. Is A/B email testing also possible when enrolling people in sequences? So that I enrol customer 1 in the sequence, and then Hubspot randomly chooses sequence A or B? While still being able to add a small personal note at the beginning of the mail. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Best wishes,

Bas

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @squigglebit,

Yes, this is hidden in plain sight. When you're looking at your marketing email, there is a dropdown at the top:

karstenkoehler_0-1645209775101.png

Once you switch from A/B Overview to a version, the Recipients tab will update and you can create lists via the List actions dropdown on the right. This would require you to create static lists and this cannot be automated.

@squigglebit wrote:

What I could actually do with is A/B testing in the workflow but since this doesn't seem to be an option I'm trying workarounds.

This is actually now possible! See here: Automate A/B email testing with workflows

Hope this helps.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes