Gmail Sales Extension

EstebanMusicLA
Participant

no hubspot tracking in gmail available

SOLVE

Hello! I've tried all the troubleshooting methods to get my gmail to be tracked by gmail and it does not work.

It was working a couple of days ago but it just sudenly stoped working.

In gmail, if i click on the hubspot icon it reads:

----

Your HubSpot profile

This inbox is connected to
No Portal ID available
-----
I've gone into hubspot to make sure it is connected with my gmail account and have downloaded the hubspot extension into google chrome. Everything says it is active and enabled but i still do not see the track email option which was working great a day or two ago.

I've gone through all the troubleshooting in the following link:

Please let me know how to fix this issue. 

The hubspot just disapeared from gmail randomly.

Is there an update we should be aware of?

Please advise!
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

The Gmail extension self-updates, but you can manually update following the instructions here. If the extension is still not available after updating, try disabling all chrome extensions and re-enabling one-by-one till you find the one that is causing the issue. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
ifiglus

SOLVE

For several months now, the Track option keeps disappearing from my Compose email window in Gmail (6 or 7 times). Why does it keep doing that? I am able to get it back, but only after poking around and wasting a bunch of time, which doesn't seem like the way it should be.

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ifiglus  Can you start with the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread above? Also please make sure you have an updated browser, extreneous tabs and windows are closed,  and that you are not working in a zoomed mode.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
EstebanMusicLA
Participant

SOLVE
Thank you! It seems that the hubspot extension updates itself in gmail and is now working. Liking the new features.
0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

The Gmail extension self-updates, but you can manually update following the instructions here. If the extension is still not available after updating, try disabling all chrome extensions and re-enabling one-by-one till you find the one that is causing the issue. 

Ed 

JoSeawright

SOLVE

None of that works for me. I have disabled all extensions and the one Labs extra, I have updated Chrome, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the extension twice now. Nothing seems to work.

It was working perfectly until a few days ago, now I get all the hubspot icons greyed out when composing an email in Gmail but when ever I try to click on them I get asked to choose the account. I click on the drop down and there is nothing there.

I am told to check what accounts I have, I only have one or to create a new user. What new user is it I am supposed to create and where and how do I add that to my gmail account when I only use one email...? I have been going round in circles for days.

0 Upvotes
dlc14009

SOLVE

I am also experiencing a problem with emails not being tracked.  This is a new problem; emails were being tracked as late as last night but are not being tracked today.  A Hubspot icon still appears on the upper right of my gmail page, and the connection when tested shows it's connected properly, but the send button when I compose emails is blue now (it's orange when email tracking is working).  I have gone through ALL of the items on the troubleshooting checklist (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-tracking/hubspot-sales-does-not-appear-in-g...), restarted gmail, even rebooted my computer, and the "send" button remains blue (and disconnected to email tracking).  I sent an email to hello@getsidekick.com anyway, just to confirm it's still not tracking - it's not.  

I am at my wit's end. The ONLY thing I can think of that may have caused this problem is that this morning I found my computer had rebooted after a Windows upgrade that installed sometime during the night.  Could this be the source of the problem?  And if so, what are my options for repairing it?

0 Upvotes
samiawar

SOLVE

It doesn't work it the new Gmail style. Please let me know 

Capture1.JPG

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@samiawar  The Sales Extension does not yet work with Inbox by Google. Definitely on the roadmap for 2018.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

If the send button is blue, it means that the option for tracking emails is not selected. Just tick the Track box and the send button should turn orange. 

Ed

0 Upvotes
dlc14009

SOLVE

The problem with that is that there is no "track box" available to click.  😞

OH. Correction.  In the troubleshooting checklist I tried earlier - and the email I received after emailing hello@getsidekick.com - the images show the tracking checkbox at the bottom of the compose screen, in line with the send button but at the far right.  I just realized that I do have a checkbox but in a new place, at the far right of the compose screen, beneath the subject line.  And that does seem to work.

Thank you!