Gmail Sales Extension

stevendouglas24

How do I know when someone has replied?

SOLVE

Hi Everyone

Currently evaluating hubspot for our sales team and am a little confused to how the email integration works.

I have set up my gmail to be synced like it asks. Ive sent an email to a contact, the email shows that its been delivered, i get a notification that its been read as well. My client who i sent the email to says he has recieved it and replied. However I never got a notification to say that there has been a reply???

I checked my gmail inbox and sure enough there it was. Then when I clicked into the contact details on hubspot the reply was there as well. Why am I not being notified about the email? Am I missing something?

Or is it a case that you just have to have gmail open in another browser tab all the time to keep checking?

In my old crm email replies just came up in my home activity feed and i could just click into them.

Please help

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @stevendouglas24

You are correct that HubSpot does not notify you of incoming replies currently. I suppose the assumption is that you will still prefer to use Gmail as your email client while logging activity in the CRM. 

Incoming reply notification sounds like it could be useful though. I suggest you post that over in the ideas forum.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @stevendouglas24

You are correct that HubSpot does not notify you of incoming replies currently. I suppose the assumption is that you will still prefer to use Gmail as your email client while logging activity in the CRM. 

Incoming reply notification sounds like it could be useful though. I suggest you post that over in the ideas forum.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
robertafraser

SOLVE

It would extreemely helpful and time saving.

0 Upvotes