why do my marketing emails come from "noreply@hubspot.com"?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I added my email address and selected it in the "from" field. I even got the verification email and verified my email address and it said "Congratulations you can now send email from this email address!"

Yet my emails are still coming from noreply@hubspot.com and the from name is simply "noreply".

How do I fix this?

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Hi @highprrrr 

All previews that you send to you will receive as noreply, but the normal sent will be with the email and name configured in the email.

email.PNG

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

except they don't. 

I have confirmed that the people on my list received an email from noreply@hubspot.com and they went straigh to spam.

This is a big problem.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Hi @highprrrr 

This does not happen to any agency clients or our emails.

If you have confirmed the email your customer received as a no-reply and your email sent in the history is correct, then you should call HubSpot (Support) or call their support via Chat so they can check for it. some failure.

If the email is correct and the settings as well, the sender's name should appear, if not, or is set wrong or needs to notify support of possible failure.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards! Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor

@DanielSanchez is correct in how it normally works. One exception I believe is if you are using a free tier account you will have your email IP lumped in with other free users.

This can occasionally cause problems with deliverability but HubSpot does a good job of keeping those common IP reputations pretty high so it's a non-issue. Any email send (not a preview or internal notification email) should be coming from whatever your selected address is as shown by @DanielSanchez 

Maybe @MFrankJohnson or @jennysowyrda have some ideas.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @highprrrr,

Are these marketing emails or 1:1 emails? 

When using the free marketing email tool, there will be a prompt on the sending page to include an email address that will be the "sent from" email address. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 5.19.59 PM.png

If you can send along screenshots of what your recipients are seeing, that would be great! 

cc @Zakiya 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @highprrrr

Can you clarify what emails are being sent to and received by your team from a noreply@hubspot.com address? 

If you are referring to email address verification emails, these are HubSpot system notifications. When you add and verify an email address for marketing email sends, you (or the owner of the email address entered) will receive an automated confirmation email from noreply@hubspot.com. This is expected behavior - this email will not come from the selected From: address. I just gave it a try in my portal and am seeing the same:

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 10.15.26 AM.png

Once the email has been verified, the actual marketing email send will come from the selected email address in the email editor. 

If these emails are going to the spam folder, I'd recommend adding HubSpot's email addresses and sending IPs to your safe-senders list (whitelisting). Check out this guide for all of the addresses and IPs you'd need.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/not-receiving-hubspot-system-or-notification-emails

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I thought I had made it clear but I guess not, apologies.

I created a marketing email, by clicking "Marketing > Emails".

I designed the email, wrote the copy, then proceeded to send.

I chose one of my static lists for the recipients, I chose the email I wanted to send from. I hadn't sent from that email before so I had to go through the verification process, which was quick and appeared successful.

I sent the email.

One of the people on that list, who happens to be a friend of mine said she never got the email. Eventually she found it in her spam folder. I though that was odd, so I asked her who it came from, and she told me it said "noreply@hubspot.com".

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Thanks @highprrrr! I'll DM you for more details and troubleshooting.

0 Upvotes