Email Deliverability

ahamaton
Participant

test email not being received

Hi
I have a strange problem and have no idea whats causing it. Its only started happening.  There are two things that have changed since I last used the tool.  I have changed my name servers to cloudflare and I was messing around with hubspot outlook integration yesterday.  I gave up on that in the end and deleted everything.  So everything should be as it was but its possible I may have changed or deleted something thats needed without realising. Basically, before sengin marketing email I always send a test email to myself. I've never had a problem with this but now althought the test message sends to the address you have for me on my account, I am not receiving it and it isnt going to junk either. I tried sending it to my Gmail address and received it so its sending but I am not receiving it when I send it to the address on my account. I am able to send and receive all other email from the email address I use for my hubspot account so there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the email, I just dont receive it when its sent from hubspot but as I say its not going to junk either.   Any help would be much appreciated.  Kind regards, Andrew

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
ahamaton
Participant

Please dont send me the connecting inbox guide again.  I cant afford to upgrade at the moment and I know for a fact that isnt the issue as I have been using your service for a long time without needing to do that.  Kind regards, Andrew

0 Upvotes
ahamaton
Participant

Hi Pam, I've spoken to GoDaddy again and they are still saying this isnt a problem on the email server otherwise I wouldnt be able to send and receive from their system.  They've checked the dns records and tracked emails going through the O365 server but when using this feature they arent going through the server.  The only issue I am having with O365 is when I use this feature and I have used this feature for a long time without issue.  I am even receiving notification emails from hubspot I'm just not receiving marketing test emails and they are apparently not even going through my O365 server, so something specifically related to this feature must be preventing it going through O365.  I would love to force GoDaddy to fix this but no matter how many times I go back to them they say they can't fix it and the only part in the chain that would appear to be the broken link is the test email from hubspot marketing when sending from mallorcayachtsandproperty.com to mallorcayachts and property.com as my notification emails are without problem.  If you believe the problem isnt this feature can you please give me something specific to go back to either my webhost / cloudflare or GoDaddy (O365) with in order to explain why its them that can fix this.  Thank you, Andrew

0 Upvotes
ahamaton
Participant

Thank you Pam

I've already responded to the advice about adding the email sending domain and that is a pro feature.  I cant afford your pro service but it doesnt matter as I know this isnt whats preventing this from working.  I've used hubspot for a while and this small feature has always worked flawlessly.  Its only since I migrated my website that this started happening.  Apparently all my records including the MX and SPF are correct in cloudflare which I was using prior to the migration.  So unless the SPF that my host added for me is wrong this isn't the issue but this is why I was asking for your advice on that to see if they added to the correct SPF record to my dns zonefile on cloudflare.

"While emails are sent through HubSpot, the packaging and delivery of the emails are handled by your email provider."

I need you to explain this if you don't mind because my host didn't understand how that could be.  They couldn't see the emails going through their server and they arent in my sent items.  If you can explain that to me, that will help my host correct the issue.

Thanks and kind regards

Andrew

0 Upvotes
ahamaton
Participant

Just an FYI, I recently migrated my site from GoDaddy to Verpex which is when I think this started happening.  I spoke to my new web host and they helped set up the dns zone file in cloudflare but after that said there was nothing else they could do and advised me to speak to the host of my O365 mail server - GoDaddy.  GoDaddy asked if I could see the emails in my sent items but I cant see them in my sent items, I also sent a test email with them on the phone and they cant see the emails with their tracking system, so they arent being sent from the O365 server, so they suggested speaking to you and see if there is an SPF record I need to add to my zone file ?  or if there is any other reason, this hubspot feature may have stopped working correctly.  I'm not even receiving these mails in my junk folder, from my perspective and from GoDaddy's perspective its like they don't exist.  However, strangely I am receiving all other notification emails from Hubspot perfectly fine.  So I am puzzled and confused and hoping you might be able to help, thanks, Andrew

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @ahamaton, currently to add your email domain you would need a paid subscription, 

You don't need to add HubSpot to your SPF record unless you're using a DMARC policy to customize your domain authentication, or if you already have an existing SPF record. While you don't need to update your SPF record, it's always recommended to connect your email sending domain

More information here 

If it was 1:1 emails would be different since they are sent through your connected inbox, the SPF records that you'll want to obtain are those of your email provider. While emails are sent through HubSpot, the packaging and delivery of the emails are handled by your email provider.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
ahamaton
Participant

I tried that guide but it refers to an option in the left hand menu bar called website, which I don't have.  I'm assuming that must be an option only available on the paid for versions?

0 Upvotes
ahamaton
Participant

Thanks for getting back to me.  My host has fixed the issue of general mail going to my junk folder.  The only problem I have now is test emails from hubspot not reaching me at all.  

I do wonder if you could be right about my inbox not being connected.  I am still receiving notification emails from hubspot when people visit my site for example but if they are sent differently to the test emails, how can I check if my inbox is connected and fix that if it isn't ?  Kind regards, Andrew

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @ahamaton  thank you for your clarification, you can connect your email as an email sending domain, this should prevent these emails from going to your junk or spam folder. This knowledge base article lists these tips: Not receiving HubSpot system or notification emails.

Kindly

Pam

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @ahamaton ,

Refer to this doc- 

https://community.cloudflare.com/t/email-going-to-junk-folders/206011

https://community.cloudflare.com/t/receiving-emails-going-straight-to-junk/195543

This does not seem like it is a HubSpot related issue

Is your inbox connected? 🙂

Sounds like the outlook is not connected from this statement --> messing around with hubspot outlook integration yesterday. I gave up on that in the end and deleted everything

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @ahamaton, Happy Friday! Thank you for all information provided since this is a marketing email, we want to ensure everything is set up correctly on your email to receive the email with success. 

I would like to share this specific knowledge base here with a few steps they can take to ensure that your marketing emails are delivered to their inbox.

I hope this information helps.

Pam

0 Upvotes
ahamaton
Participant

Thanks for getting back to me Pam

I may have confused you.  The problem isn't that the people I'm emailing or that your system is emailing aren't receiving my emails.  The problem is that when I send myself the test email I'm not receiving the test email.  I'm also finding that people who normally email me are going to my junk mail, so this may be an issue with my host but if you have any ideas, they would be welcome.  Kind regards, Andrew