Email Deliverability

CRooney
Participant

"Previously unsubscribed from this subscription type" - untrue

Hi,

I have a contact that is not receiving emails from a workflow. The error says they've previously unsubscribed from the subscription type or has no GDPR-compliant basis for sending. Their subscription status shows they are subscribed to the subscription type, and the GDPR Consent property for the contact is "Yes." Now, I've seen this error come up in cases where a workflow email was sent to a disengaged contact with the "don't send to disengaged contacts" box ticked on the email properties. That's not the case here, as that option is not enabled on the email and the contact isn't on the disengaged list anyway.

Looking at the property history for the GDPR Consent, I see that, at one time, that property was set to "no" via a form submission; however, it was subsequently set back to "yes" via a form submission. Other emails to this contact are delivered.

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me where else should I be looking to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
MrGhara

Hi, did you find the answer? I have the same issue. ☹️

CRooney
Participant

If your situation is similar to mine, you probably have multiple email addresses showing on the contact record. Hubspot only emails the primary address. If you look at the list of subscriptions (scroll down to "[contact name] is opted in to [N] subscriptions"), note carefully which addresses are subscribed to which sub types. You'll probably find that one of the non-primary addresses is subscribed, but the current primary address is not. Why and how that came to be is a matter for further research, to determine if something got mis-juggled during an update or if the contact simply opted out the current primary address from that particular sub type.

I hope that's helpful.

Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

Hi,

Seems like this specific to a single email so I would look into that specific email options.

Maybe you opted to send it to specific subscriptions.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
CRooney
Participant

Thanks, Daniel; the contact is subscribed to the subscription type that the email is targeted to.

0 Upvotes