Email Deliverability

SCook802

gmail image rendering

SOLVE

We have been struggling for a few days with this issue. We have been sending client and prospect emails via HubSpot for over two years and have suddenly run into an issue with sending to gmail accounts. We use a standard HS template. 

As of last week, images are not rendering in gmail. We initially thought that we had a DNS issue and confirmed that we do not. We have confirmed that our primary email-sending domain is connected and functioning. We have run countless tests using different image sizes, file names. This issue only seems to be happening for gmail users accessing their email through a web browser for both mobile and desktop. When using gmail through apple mail the images render as they should.

Has anyone run into this issue and if so have you found a solution?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

gmail image rendering

SOLVE

@SCook802 Is the image being pulled in via a URL instead of being uploaded to HubSpot? In addition, I would try clearing your cache and trying to load the image from the email. Feel free to send along the email.

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
christopher-RVO

gmail image rendering

SOLVE

@SCook802  Is there evidence of the mis-rendering when previewing the email in the editor across different devices and clients? 

You can do this by going to Marketing>Email>select your email>Actions>Preview>Toggle between different devices and clients (gmail, desktop, mobile, etc)

SCook802

gmail image rendering

SOLVE

Hi Christopher,

When testing different email clients in HubSpot preview we see images rendering in all other clients except for gmail.

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO

gmail image rendering

SOLVE

@SCook802  To clarify, the view that you're looking at should be the following: 

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 2.46.38 PM.png

Just want to make sure we have tried everything as there are a multitude of reasons for why this could be happening. 

PS - can you email me a sample: christopher@worqflowmarketing.com

SCook802

gmail image rendering

SOLVE

Correct, this is the view that we have been using to test two emails and both are not rendering in gmail browser. I would be happy to share a sample with you.

Also, when we inspect the email we see a "failed to load resources" notification for images in gmail. 

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO
Solution

gmail image rendering

SOLVE

@SCook802 Is the image being pulled in via a URL instead of being uploaded to HubSpot? In addition, I would try clearing your cache and trying to load the image from the email. Feel free to send along the email.