Email Deliverability

KeySHA

Using Gmail Filters to help certain emails not go to lead list

SOLVE

Currently I have a gmail address I am currently using for cold email. I use a service (warmbox) to warm up the email address.  It warms up the email adddress by sending emails to the inbox and then automatically replying to them. I use a gmail filter to send those emails straight to a folder and not to my inbox. 

My email address is connected to Hubspot as a team shared channel. That means all replies or emails that come back are registered as leads. I do not want those "warm up" emails to come back as leads and clog up my contacts list.

My question is : Is there a way to keep that folder that holds the warm up emails from registering as leads in hubspot? If there is a simple solution that would mist definitely help me !! Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KeySHA,

I'm not aware of any settings that would let you automatically create contacts for some but not all emails coming into a conversations inbox. It's also not possible to sync specific folders/filters from Gmail.

If there's a recurring syntax to those Warmbox email addresses, you could add them to the deny list which would cause them to land in the HubSpot spam folder and not create contacts. (If I understood your process correctly, this would not affect your sender reputation since these are the replies to your emails.)

Alternatively, contacts would not be automatically created if you connected your email address as a personal email instead of a team email. (I assume that you want to use the conversations inbox features, however.)

So not many options, unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KeySHA,

I'm not aware of any settings that would let you automatically create contacts for some but not all emails coming into a conversations inbox. It's also not possible to sync specific folders/filters from Gmail.

If there's a recurring syntax to those Warmbox email addresses, you could add them to the deny list which would cause them to land in the HubSpot spam folder and not create contacts. (If I understood your process correctly, this would not affect your sender reputation since these are the replies to your emails.)

Alternatively, contacts would not be automatically created if you connected your email address as a personal email instead of a team email. (I assume that you want to use the conversations inbox features, however.)

So not many options, unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes