Email Deliverability

Kevin1bell

Unsubscribes

SOLVE

This has probably been answered but i cant find the solution.

If i send a email campaign and i pick up some unsubscibes, what action is to be taken?for instance do i keep them on the system and then when the times comes to do another email because they have unsubscribed the sysyem will automatically not send or do i need to delete contact?

cheers

1 Accepted solution
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Unsubscribes

SOLVE

Hello @Kevin1bell ,

The HubSpot platfrom will automatcially suppress any contact that unsubsribes, hard bounces, or marks mail as spam.  These contacts will not be sent future marketing emails, even if they are included in the recipients list. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JHjalmarsson

Unsubscribes

SOLVE

Is it possible to receive a notification (via API) when a contact unsubscribes from an email campaign?

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Unsubscribes

SOLVE

Hello @Kevin1bell ,

The HubSpot platfrom will automatcially suppress any contact that unsubsribes, hard bounces, or marks mail as spam.  These contacts will not be sent future marketing emails, even if they are included in the recipients list. 

Aerandria
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Unsubscribes

SOLVE

Is there any way for the CRM team to receive notifications when a contact updates their communication preferences / usubscribes?

0 Upvotes
Vectordude
Contributor

Unsubscribes

SOLVE

When a person unsubscribes they will automatically be removed from future campaigns until they opt back in or are manually opted back in by you. You do not need to delete them from your database.

However to maintain a clean system, it may be in your best interest do do a periodic review and delete records that are no longer relevant.