Email Deliverability

Zakiya
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Things to know about HubSpot marketing email

New to marketing email on HubSpot? You’re in the right place. 

The purpose of this post is to help email marketers at every level be successful with email on the HubSpot platform, particularly HubSpot Marketing Free users. 

TL;DR

Marketing email can be suspended for exceeding acceptable thresholds. Email suspensions and quarantined lists in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts are permanent. To prevent email suspension, please be sure to clean up your contacts lists of old, invalid, not-opted-in, or otherwise undeliverable contacts before you hit send.

Creating a new HubSpot account after any email protection action does not guarantee access to marketing email and/or quarantined lists.

Things you should know

• HubSpot is an email-marketing service provider (ESP), meaning we send email on behalf of users though a shared network. A shared network means shared responsibility of all senders for the reputation of the network. Positive sending behaviors means everyone reaps the benefits of great deliverability. 

On the flip-side, poor sending behaviors — as in, sending to purchased or other 3rd-party lists, not-opted-in contacts, excessive hard bounces, unsubscribes, spam complaints, and blacklisting — impact everyone’s deliverability. Not just one person’s. 

• Email Deliverability Protection is our first line of defense for the shared network. It enables us to monitor email performance of each send, and ensure low performing emails are stopped to prevent further negative impact to deliverability. 

• Marketing email can be suspended for exceeding acceptable thresholds or violation of terms of service. The ideal baseline for marketing email thresholds are as follows:
    • Hard bounces - below 1%.
    • Unsubscribes - below 0.3%
    • Spam complaints - below 0.01%

Anything above these limits can negatively impact the sending reputation of HubSpot’s shared network. And as mentioned above, this means all users’ ability to reach the primary inbox is compromised as a result. Several email protection actions may occur to protect deliverability.

What are the email protection actions?

Your account’s ability to send marketing email can be systematically or manually suspended for exceeding the acceptable thresholds. Email suspensions and quarantined lists in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts are permanent, and it is possible for a suspension to happen after a single send! So the best defense against suspension is following deliverability best practices. Mind your contact sources, make sure you have explicit permission to receive marketing email from every contact on your list, and develop a regular database cleanup strategy. 

Questions or comments? Post ‘em below! 
7 Replies 7
FBroon

I embedded rundown of my contacts (leads and clients) coming from another CRM, tidy up my rundown of the hard bobbed contacts. there is likewise a rundown " Formazione" of client who gave mi straightforwardly the mail ( and I have embed it physically) and furthermore this is by all accounts in isolation without reasons.

I have around 300 contacts in isolation. I NEED to send my newletter to my contacts this week. Ehat could I at any point do to take care of the issue? . I request an answer not the same as sending coordinated mail as recommended in the Hubspot information Base.

I wil Also Try Give You An Overview about Veeble.

Please Have Look So You can better understand everything.

I read "Email suspensions and isolated records in HubSpot Marketing Free records are long-lasting",

In the event that iwoukld become an exceptional client, what might be the arrangement? Expecting to have a few straightforward arrangements pronto.
Claudia Coppola, a client of one of your Premium Partner ( Factory Communication).

0 Upvotes
EWilliam

this is great. I would try this in future

RPrain
Participant

Any contact that replies to a 1;1 email sent via a connected inbox is NOT removed from quarantine in my system. 

CCoppola

I inserted list of  my contacts (leads and customers) coming from another CRM, clean up my list of the hard bounced contacts. there is also a list " Formazione" of customer who gave mi directly the mail ( and I have insert it manually) and also this seems to be in quarantine without reasons.

I have about 300 contacts in quarantine. I NEED  to send my newletter to my contacts this week. Ehat can I do to solve the problem?  . I ask for a solution different from sending one to one mail as suggested in the Hubspot knowledge Base.

I read "Email suspensions and quarantined lists in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts are permanent", 

If  iwoukld become a premium customer, what would be the solution? Hoping to have some transparent solutions asap.
Claudia Coppola, a customer of one of your Premium Partner ( Factory Communication).

DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @CCoppola ,

Sends from the HubSpot platform can't be used to determine which contacts are no longer valid.  This "list washing" behavior negatively impacts your brand's sender reputation and chances of reaching the primary inbox, and degrades the HubSpot network shared by all users.  To prevent hard bounces in the future, you should:

• Import an opt out list of all contacts that had previously hard bounced, unsubscribed or marked mail as spam in your previous ESP
  • Be sure that all contacts used in marketing sends meet the minimim requirements, including that they have verifiably opted into your brand and have been emailed outside of HubSpot in the past 12 months
  • You can also use a list validation platform like Kickbox to indetify which contacts may not be valid so they can be removed from your database prior to sending

We are unable to provide an alernate solution for removing contacts from qurantine outside of what is detailed in this help article.   Any contact that replies to a 1:1 email send sent via a connected inbox will automatcially be removed from quaratine. 

FabioChaves
Participant

Hi, 

I have imported a list of 749 contacts from Nimble. These are all contacts we have interacted in the past. I want now to send them an email but when I select all 749 contacts on the 'recipients' tab it only says that the email will be sent to 5 in total. Why I cannot send to all 749? Thank you. 

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @FabioChaves,

I would recommend checking if the "don't send do nonengaged" is selected, Unengaged contacts are those who haven’t opened your last 11 emails. You can improve your deliverability and engagement rates by not including them in your send. Learn more about unengaged contacts. (Learn more about graymail).

Kindly

Pam

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 6.18.58 PM.png

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !