Email Deliverability

VaubanFort
Participant

Suspended email after ONE campaign in 2019 in order to be paid customer!

SOLVE

Hello Team, 

• We are a startup renting rooms to international professionals, our data base consisist only of contacts we have been in touch with = high quality 
  • We sent 1 campaign in 2019 and since many people found the accomodation they unsubscribed from our emails - natural business cycle 
  • We had ZERO spam report 
  • The campaign had high delivery rate 98% with 63 persons unsubscribed
  • As a result  received the email that hubspot blocked us permanently from emailing tool UNLESS we start paying according to Nadine from customer service who complement the email.  

Our statistics were the following:

Open rate - 39,4%
Click rate - 8,3%
SUCCESSFUL DELIVERIES - 1.219, 98,31%
BOUNCES - 21 - 1,69%
UNSUBSCRIBES - 63 - 5,17%
SPAM REPORTS - 0 0% 

Asking about exact required % of unsubscribes to get blocked, I did not receive the answer.

Without being aware of treshold ( while such information was not priovided )  we could not avoid this extereme situation. 

How can I find out exact criteria to be blocked by hubspot ? 

Thank you for your support 

VF Team

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @VaubanFort 

We take marketing email and deliverability very seriously. To help users get marketing emails to the primary inbox, we have automated deliverability protection systems designed to help maintain a healthy network reputation and high rates of email deliverability for users. Our systems have detected an abnormally unsubscribe rate on recent email campaigns in this account. As a result, marketing email sending was suspended. Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot’s acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. 

Thank you,
Jess

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

The ideal baseline for marketing email thresholds are as follows:
- see image

Excerpt from Things to know about HubSpot marketing email.Excerpt from Things to know about HubSpot marketing email.

Source: Things to know about HubSpot marketing email

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
VaubanFort
Participant

SOLVE

Dear Mr Johnson, 

I appreciate receiving your statistics, since I have been working with various emailing platforms, I must say that provided screen shot and figures are a bit unrealistic considering variety of business cyles that cannot be categorised in such strict numbres   after 1 campaign. I have never seen such strict criteria. 

I must also admit I find confusing suspending procedure and related tresholds:  provided in your reply  vs official ones oublished on hubspot webiste and warning vs blocking procedure. 

Your reply: 

Hard bounces - below 1%
unsubsribers - below 0,3
spam complains - below 0,1

hubspot website 

• Hard bounces: HubSpot's hard bounce limit is 5%. For reference, many ISPs prefer bounce rates to be under 2%.
  • Spam reports: HubSpot's spam complaint rate limit is 0.1% (1 in 1,000 messages sent). Spam reports are when a recipient clicks the spam button reportSpam while viewing your email in their inbox, or drags the email into their junk folder.
  • Direct complaints: if any direct complaints are sent to HubSpot's abuse desk, marketing email sending in your account may be suspended.
  • Unsubscribes: you'll see a warning in your account if your unsubscribe rate limit is over 5%.

Our 1st campaign in 2019 and number of unsubscrtibers reflects natural business cycle.

According to the infrmation on the website, we should get a warning with around 5% of unsubscribers, while we have been blocked. 

Considering all above, I would like to kindly ask you to reconsider our suspention. 

Kind regards, 

Kasia

Vauban & Fort Team

1234567.JPG987.JPG

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Thanks for your message, @VaubanFort.

I don't work for HubSpot and was merely citing a reference to the homepage of the HubSpot Community for your review.

mfjlabs-screenshot-HubSpot-Community-20191017-164637.png

Best of luck trying to get your account reinstated considering the stats you shared.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
VaubanFort
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Frank, 

Hands on Hubspot... with nowadays creativity regarding titles, I took you as HS Team:) 

I very much appreciate your input and let's keep the fingers crossed to get the suspension out. 

Again many thanks,

Kasia

Vauban & Fort Team

DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @VaubanFort 

We take marketing email and deliverability very seriously. To help users get marketing emails to the primary inbox, we have automated deliverability protection systems designed to help maintain a healthy network reputation and high rates of email deliverability for users. Our systems have detected an abnormally unsubscribe rate on recent email campaigns in this account. As a result, marketing email sending was suspended. Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot’s acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. 

Thank you,
Jess

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Unfortunately, Hubspot is extremely strict on the new free accounts that launched this year.  Here are the limits in their kb:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/why-is-my-email-suspended

0 Upvotes