Since outage - emails sent to me not showing up in hubspot

Highlighted
New Contributor

I believe that since the major outage on the 27th of March, emails sent to me are not being captured and logged in Hubspot.  How do I check, verify, and correct?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Advisor

I would think you could send a test email to a freemail account to see if you're recieving them. As for the rest... @jennysowyrda do you have any insights on how to troubleshoot these types of issues? I've seen a couple of threads about deliverability and property updates since the outage.

Community Manager

Hi @SteveSkinner and @ConnorSlivensky,

Data from March 28th and 29th is still being processed, which could be responsible for fields not updating. 

In regards to emails not logging and sending, I would recommend following your steps first, Connor, and then if the issue persists I would recommend beginning by disconnecting and reconnecting the extension and your inbox. 

If the issues persist after that, please let us know.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I have completely removed my email connection setup and reimplemented it.  It looks like some of my accounts that I have tested with work, and some don't.

Seq 1:  Sent email to client asking for feedback

Seq 2:  Client responded and I found response in my email inbox separate from hubspot, but the response never showed up in hubspot.

Ran the above sequence with a different client and it seems to work.

Something that has never worked is when my client initiates the email sequence.  In this scenario I never see it in hubspot regardless of the client involved.  

Am I missing something in configuration.  Test sequence as documented during setup process always is successful.  So I am lost.

I should also note that I am not using a gmail account or an office 365 account.  The account is setup under other as IMAP.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @SteveSkinner,

Email conversations that are initiated externally are not expected to log in HubSpot. Only those which include the bcc address in the initial email can be logged (as otherwise HubSpot doesn't recognize it). 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes