Email Deliverability

LarryW
Participant

Sending emails to bloomberg.net user email addresses

SOLVE

I am new to Hubspot and wanted to see if anyone else has any experience with sending emails to bloomberg.net users via Hubspot. We use ZeroBounce as an email validator before sending any marketing emails and all emails with the bloomberg.net domain are flagged with a status of "do_not_mail" and a sub-status of "global suppression" which means that the domain has been known to be difficult and possible litigious. This doesn't make sense to me because we have clients with these email addresses and they are valid for Bloomberg terminal users.  Has anyone had any issues sending emails to this domain from Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LarryW
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Jess. I just went through the Understanding Email Deliverability course and while it was helpful it was not completely relevant. I am not concerned about consent in particular for this issue, as these contacts are usually existing clients or prospects on trial. I just found it odd that Zero Bounce (which had been recommended to me by someone at Hubspot as a good source for checking emails) seemed to tag all contacts at that domain as "do_not_mail".  I sent a Marketing email today and included those persons and they appear to be delivered without a problem, so I am concluding that this is more of a Zero Bounce issue than a Hubspot concern. Thanks for your help.

-Larry

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @LarryW,

Thanks for reaching out.

I couldn't find anything on the community regarding bloomberg.net, but I'd like to share these two resources with you. They might be a good starting point:
 Contacts not receiving your marketing emails

Understanding Email Deliverability

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
LarryW
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Jess. I just went through the Understanding Email Deliverability course and while it was helpful it was not completely relevant. I am not concerned about consent in particular for this issue, as these contacts are usually existing clients or prospects on trial. I just found it odd that Zero Bounce (which had been recommended to me by someone at Hubspot as a good source for checking emails) seemed to tag all contacts at that domain as "do_not_mail".  I sent a Marketing email today and included those persons and they appear to be delivered without a problem, so I am concluding that this is more of a Zero Bounce issue than a Hubspot concern. Thanks for your help.

-Larry

0 Upvotes