Email Deliverability

JTengstrom

Sending a single email

SOLVE

Hi!

I have an email that I would like to send to people on an individual basis whenever they express an interest in my product.

What is the best way to send a single piece of email using the design I created in Hubspot?

Thank you,

John

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Sending a single email

SOLVE

Hi @JTengstrom,

What kind of template have you created? It sounds like you've created a marketing email template? You could send a marketing email to your contact (instead of a CRM email).

The steps are outlined here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/create-marketing-emails-in-the-drag-and-drop-email-editor#send-o... You'd only select one contact in the Recipients tab of the email. It would be a bit unusual to go through this fairly long process of setting up a marketing email every single time you've had a call but it's doable.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Sending a single email

SOLVE

Hi @JTengstrom,

What kind of template have you created? It sounds like you've created a marketing email template? You could send a marketing email to your contact (instead of a CRM email).

The steps are outlined here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/create-marketing-emails-in-the-drag-and-drop-email-editor#send-o... You'd only select one contact in the Recipients tab of the email. It would be a bit unusual to go through this fairly long process of setting up a marketing email every single time you've had a call but it's doable.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JTengstrom

Sending a single email

SOLVE

So really you cannot do this when you are on the free plan as inserting templates does not appear in the body of an email.

0 Upvotes
andrus
Top Contributor

Sending a single email

SOLVE

The solution Karsten outlines works but it does require quite a few steps / minutes. On Professional plan you could automate this ie. trigger a Sequence or Workflow email (based on modules you use) to go out to specific contacts (eg. where custom field "Send one-off offer" is set to "Yes").

If this is out of budget range at this stage you may be able to find more affordable ways to send these one-off emails in an automated way for less in the Hubspot Marketplace. For example, with Outfunnel you'd be able to do this with plans starting from $19 per month, and there may be other options like this.

If sending a one-off email takes 5 minutes and you'd need to send 5-10 emails per week, you'd save 2-4 hours per month.

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Sending a single email

SOLVE

Hi @JTengstrom,

If it's a one to one email, sending it through the CRM would be your best option: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/send-and-reply-to-one-to-one-emails

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Sending a single email

SOLVE

Hi @JTengstrom,

If you want to trigger this email automatically when someone takes an action (form submission, page view, CTA click), that would require HubSpot workflows, only availble in Professional and Enterprise: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/create-automated-emails-to-use-in-workflows

Alternatively, you could create active lists of eligible contacts and send these emails manually, in batches, either as a marketing email or through the CRM. You could set up your active list to include all contacts who have taken a certain action in the last 7 days, for example, and manually send these emails each Monday.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
JTengstrom

Sending a single email

SOLVE

This is too complicated at the moment for my needs but good to know nonetheless.

I just want to be able to send my email to a customer when they ask for it or after a telephone call with the customer.