Email Deliverability

Darin_Spence

Send Emails using My Email Server

SOLVE

Around 70% of the Emails I send from HubSpot, ConstantContact or MailChimp seem to be flagged by the recipients email client as "Promotion" or worse, junk mail.  I know this because I have a close group of around 100 recipients who tell me this. 🙂

If I send an email directly to each of them, then the message goes to their inbox.

I'd like to automate sending a bulk email from my email account, using my e-mail server to about 300 recipients.  So, once the email is sent, I expect to see 300 individual emails in my sent items.

Does HubSpot support sending emails using my email server so that the messages end up in my Sent Items and have a greater chance of landing in the recipients inbox?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @Darin_Spence ,

Emails sent from a personal inbox on a 1:1 level and emails sent from bulk email sending platform like HubSpot's marketing email tool are two fundamentally different kinds of email, and will be treated unquiely by inbox providers and private mail servers.  This can result in a personal message sent to a contact beling delivered to their primary inbox, when a bulk marketing email sent to the same contact is delivered to the promotions tab or the spam folder.  Inbox providers will prioritze messages sent on a 1:1 level as there is an assumption that the sender and recipient have an exsisting relationship with this email type.

There isn't a way to send messages from the markeing email tool in HubSpot but have them sent via your personal inbox.  All emails sent from the marketing email tool will use HubSpot's shared network for delivery.  If you would like to send personal 1:1 messages to contacts using HubSpot, your options are to connect your inbox to HubSpot or to use the Sequences tool.  Both of these email types will send using the network of your personal inbox. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @Darin_Spence ,

Emails sent from a personal inbox on a 1:1 level and emails sent from bulk email sending platform like HubSpot's marketing email tool are two fundamentally different kinds of email, and will be treated unquiely by inbox providers and private mail servers.  This can result in a personal message sent to a contact beling delivered to their primary inbox, when a bulk marketing email sent to the same contact is delivered to the promotions tab or the spam folder.  Inbox providers will prioritze messages sent on a 1:1 level as there is an assumption that the sender and recipient have an exsisting relationship with this email type.

There isn't a way to send messages from the markeing email tool in HubSpot but have them sent via your personal inbox.  All emails sent from the marketing email tool will use HubSpot's shared network for delivery.  If you would like to send personal 1:1 messages to contacts using HubSpot, your options are to connect your inbox to HubSpot or to use the Sequences tool.  Both of these email types will send using the network of your personal inbox. 

Darin_Spence

SOLVE

Here's an answer from Microsoft:
Use mail merge to send bulk email messages

I suspect the HubSpot Outlook Plug-in would log the email to the recipient to HubSpot...

0 Upvotes