Email Deliverability

AKhan74

SDRs using multiple email address to "protect domain health"?

SOLVE

Hi all,

I'm looking at an organization that has set multiple email addresses to do email outreach. E.g. John Smith sends marketing/SDR emails from

John.Smith@company.com 

JSmith@company.com

Smith_J@live.company.com

John.Smith@live.company.com

I have never seen this before (with 15 years in marketing ops) - is this common and how should we "fix" this?

Thx,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AKhan74,

If all these email addresses belong to the same root domain (@company.com), I don't see how having multiple addresses would have any effect on sender reputation / domain health. Interactions with emails sent from this root domain will all be attributed to the root domain and not to individual email addresses.

If there isn't any positive effect on the sender reputation / domain health side, that leaves the user experience which I think is worse with multiple email addresses. There is a risk of a contact receiving emails from different addresses which could be confusing.

In terms of fixing this, I'd recommend re-evaluating with all stakeholders (sales, IT, marketing) if there were any other reasons this setup was picked and if not, make a decision which main addresses to keep. The secondary addresses should still auto-forward to the main address but not be actively used anymore and phased out.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AKhan74,

If all these email addresses belong to the same root domain (@company.com), I don't see how having multiple addresses would have any effect on sender reputation / domain health. Interactions with emails sent from this root domain will all be attributed to the root domain and not to individual email addresses.

If there isn't any positive effect on the sender reputation / domain health side, that leaves the user experience which I think is worse with multiple email addresses. There is a risk of a contact receiving emails from different addresses which could be confusing.

In terms of fixing this, I'd recommend re-evaluating with all stakeholders (sales, IT, marketing) if there were any other reasons this setup was picked and if not, make a decision which main addresses to keep. The secondary addresses should still auto-forward to the main address but not be actively used anymore and phased out.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.