Email Deliverability

matt_method
Participant

Resend email when contact entered wrong email

SOLVE

Sometimes contacts enter their email addresses incorrectly when submitting a download or lead form on our website. This isn't when they use a bogus email, but instead type 'gmial' or 'windiwslive'.

Our first automated email to them bounces, but once the I've corrected the email address I'd like to be able to resend it from the contact record. Can this be done yetScreen Shot 2019-07-16 at 9.51.00 AM.png?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @matt_method

Once you've updated the email address on the contact record, you can try manually re-enrolling that person into the workflow that is set up to send the email in question. Here's a quick guide to help you along with this step. Check out the first section, Enroll an object from a workflow > Contact-based workflows:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/manually-enroll-objects-into-workflows

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @matt_method 

Thank you for the screenshot, it has been really helpful 🙂

I want to confirm that is possible to resend a Marketing email to the correct email address. I want to share with you this article from the knowledge base where you can see the step by step on how to resend the marketing email.  

Please let me know if this answered your question.

Thank you 

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
matt_method
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @sharonlicari thanks for coming back so quickly! Unfortunately this isn't possible as the email is saved for automation. Ideally I need a drop down on the error on the contact record to update the email and resend manually?

0 Upvotes
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @matt_method

Once you've updated the email address on the contact record, you can try manually re-enrolling that person into the workflow that is set up to send the email in question. Here's a quick guide to help you along with this step. Check out the first section, Enroll an object from a workflow > Contact-based workflows:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/manually-enroll-objects-into-workflows