Email Deliverability

robertkreisler

Resend Email to Unengaged Contacts

SOLVE

We've been using Hubspot with the default 'Don't send to unengaged contacts' selected.  Just recently we sent an email intending to capture customers who have not engaged with us for a while, but the 'don't send to unengaged' was checked.  Is there an easy way to send the email in question to those customers only, or do we need to export the 'unengaged' to a list and send the email again?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @robertkreisler,

Yes, that also works. There are various ways to create the list for this second send.

You might have to clone the email. I'm not sure whether you get access to the unengaged contacts checkbox via the "Sent to more" option.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
robertkreisler

SOLVE

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear that we don't want to send this email a second time to those who have received, only the 'unengaged contacts' only.  Would it not work also by creating a list of the undelivered emails, removing the hard bounces and unsubscribes, which would leave only the 'low engagement' users, and using that as the basis for a new list to send the email?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @robertkreisler,

That's exactly what I described above – there simply is not a list filter for "contact has not received email", only for "contact has received email", hence the need for multiple list. Yes, you could also create lists for "not delivered" etc, essentially it's the same thing. I just think the below approach is the cleanest.

List 1: Contact has received the first email

List 2: Member of recipient list used for first email + Not a member of list 1

HubSpot automatically excluded bounced and unsubscribed contacts from marketing email sends. No need to actively remove this from your list.

Does that make sense?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
robertkreisler

SOLVE

Sorry to say, but I'm still just not sure I understand what you're saying.  Just to be clear, this is what I had in mind:

1) Select the 'not sent' option

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-08-10T14-12-19.512Z.png

2) Filter by 'unengaged recipients'

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-08-10T14-12-36.367Z.png

3) Create new list (name: 'temp send')

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-08-10T14-17-50.590Z.png

4) Send the email in question to the new 'temp send' list, but obviously DESELECT the 'don't send to unengaged contacts' option.

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-08-10T14-12-43.138Z.png

Will that do it?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @robertkreisler,

Yes, that also works. There are various ways to create the list for this second send.

You might have to clone the email. I'm not sure whether you get access to the unengaged contacts checkbox via the "Sent to more" option.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @robertkreisler,

Yes! You would create a first list of contacts which have received the marketing email. You can then create a second list, containing all contacts from the original recipient list of the email. Via the AND operator you would also say that contacts in this second list must not be a member of the first list.

In other words, you're taking the original list and removing all contacts which have received the email.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler