Email Deliverability

KRich
Participant

Remove quarantining from email addressess

SOLVE

Our HubSpot CRM was set up in July by importing various contact lists (unfortunately without any QCing).   This meant there was very little history in terms of "last contact" data as we are a small start-up.  Yesterday our first marketing email was sent and the addressee list  (>1,000) was quarantined very quickly due to the high number of bounces (expected because a lot of addresses were old but I thought this would be the quickest way to check currency).  

The KB article on removing quarantining by emailing a sales email to each address is not a viable solution, so I would like to ask if it is possible for HubSpot to roll back the quarantine settings on all these emails

This will allow me to clean up the addresses (I sent the marketing email by other means, and now have a list of bounces) so that future marketing emails can be sent without issue.

1 Accepted solution
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @KRich,

Email protection actions such as list quarantines are permanent in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts. Although the contacts are quarantined, then can still be emailed from the CRM and your connected inbox. 

To remove individual contacts from the quarantined list, try sending them a one-to-one sales email from your connected inbox. If the contacts reply tto your email, they will be automatically removed from the quarantined list.

For more about email protection actions and things you should know about HubSpot marketing email, be sure to check out this post!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
ACassonGaliano
Participant

SOLVE

Same problem, and i asked sales if i upgraded it would remove the quatantine and they said no.  time to find a new CRM.  hubspot is useless.  i have wasted days on it.

0 Upvotes
SHasnain
Participant

SOLVE

this is an absolutely ridiculous feature from HubSpot. We are a 6 year old company and I have 2000 personal contacts, yes some of them are stale. But when we imported and sent out in September the bounce rate was high but the addresses were not quarantined. I have since then manually (not through hubspot) sanitize the addresses. Now though my bounce rate is only 1.72 %, two-third of my contacts are in quarantine. Sending them one to one emails is a ridiculous idea. 

Since HubSpot itself has the largest directly of email addresses, it can intelligently not send out the emails to the ones bouncing. This would be their next million USD feature - lolz. 

sBellehchili

SOLVE

Well, its actually better than that.

I did send 1500+ 1 to 1 emails. 1000 of them didnt bounce.
But i still have 600 emails in quarantine list.

Why, because not only you have to send 1 to 1 emails, but they have to reply (lol) ! 

The 400 who went out of the quarantine list had an out of office reply.

0 Upvotes
ISilvester

SOLVE

I  to have the same issue, a 15% bouce rate has cause all our 1000 lists to be unusable now ..

Like KRich has asked , we need to eb able to roll our of quarantine, sort the list (manually or via a bounceback app from the marketplace) and then resubmit

Having to send 1 to 1 on hundred of mails is ridiculous 

Hubspot , please come up with a solution or we'll be moving away from you

John_Muehling

SOLVE

Ditto and in process of moving. Completely asinine features and the lack of a non-"scripted" response is MADDENING!!

Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @KRich,

Email protection actions such as list quarantines are permanent in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts. Although the contacts are quarantined, then can still be emailed from the CRM and your connected inbox. 

To remove individual contacts from the quarantined list, try sending them a one-to-one sales email from your connected inbox. If the contacts reply tto your email, they will be automatically removed from the quarantined list.

For more about email protection actions and things you should know about HubSpot marketing email, be sure to check out this post!

AK3005
Participant

SOLVE

@Zakiya you mentioned that list quarantines are permanent in the 'free' version. What about for marketing hub professional? Could you please share a solution if available?

0 Upvotes
KRich
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Zakiya for answering my question (although it doesn't make me very happy).

Lofthouser

SOLVE

Hi KRich

I have just  done the same thing as you and sent a marketing e-mail out.  As 7 of the original 25 sent bouncded back, all others are in quarantine.  Did you find away of working around this or did you have to email all directly from CRm to release them?

Thanks