Email Deliverability

DerKaiser
メンバー

Reassign contact who has changed companies

解決

I'd like to remove a contact from a company and re-assign him to another company. It looks like I have to delete the contact entirely but I get a warning about not being able to use same name for 30 days.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to reassign contacts?

2件の承認済みベストアンサー
Phil_Vallender
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @DerKaiser 

You can disassociate a contact from a company and manually associate them with another - without deleting them.

To remove the association, on the contact screen, hover over the card of the object to be disassociated, select to remove the association. In the dialog box, click Remove association. If the association you’re removing is a primary company, use the dropdown menu to choose a new primary company.

manage-associations.png

However, if they have moved company I would assume that they have a new email address? To HubSpot, this would be a new contact and I would leave it like that. You could merge the old contact into the new one, but that might have confusing results. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

元の投稿で解決策を見る

BérangèreL
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @Ben_Leadective,

I understand that you'd like to bulk remove associations for several contacts and companies.

I checked for you and at the moment this is not possible.

I’ve noticed a similar idea already present in our Ideas Forum: Bulk remove association.

To contribute, you can upvote the existing idea and share more details about your specific use case in the comments.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
13件の返信
StuartAVCOM
参加者

解決

Thanks nikk!

0 いいね!
nikk
参加者

解決

This question was marked as solved but I just had the same problem today and did not see an actual clear answer to this question. But I figured it out:

On the right panel on a contact record there is the “Associated companies” box. If you hover over the company icon you will see a button that says “Preview” and there is an “X”. If you click the “X” it will allow you to remove the association.

I actually saw that button a few times before I realized what it does. They made it look like the “X” cancels the preview or something like that. Pretty poor UX/UI design if you ask me.

Anonymous
適用対象外

解決
Test1
0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender
解決策

解決

Hi @DerKaiser 

You can disassociate a contact from a company and manually associate them with another - without deleting them.

To remove the association, on the contact screen, hover over the card of the object to be disassociated, select to remove the association. In the dialog box, click Remove association. If the association you’re removing is a primary company, use the dropdown menu to choose a new primary company.

manage-associations.png

However, if they have moved company I would assume that they have a new email address? To HubSpot, this would be a new contact and I would leave it like that. You could merge the old contact into the new one, but that might have confusing results. 

Hope this helps.

Ben_Leadective
メンバー

解決

Hello,

How can we do this for hundreds of contacts at the same time? Can we do this during import (using domain names)?

Thanks

0 いいね!
BérangèreL
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @Ben_Leadective,

I understand that you'd like to bulk remove associations for several contacts and companies.

I checked for you and at the moment this is not possible.

I’ve noticed a similar idea already present in our Ideas Forum: Bulk remove association.

To contribute, you can upvote the existing idea and share more details about your specific use case in the comments.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 いいね!
wighthawk
メンバー

解決

If a Contact goes to another Company and you add a new Contact with the new email, how do you show that the Contact is no longer at the former Company without removing the Association?

0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender

解決

Hi @wighthawk 

There are several things you could do, depending on how and where you need it to be seen:

• Pin a note to the contact timeline
  • Change the surname to include ' - moved' or something
  • Change the persona to a 'moved' value

In an ideal world you would opt the old contact out of email too.

I don't there's a perfect solution this particular challenges. Salesforce users have the same discussions. 

Hope this helps.

PlanetPluto
参加者

解決

So how can you dissociate a contact from a company full stop? I have a contact that has left a company and is freelancing on his gmail.

IRayner
投稿者

解決

How do you disassociate a contact from a company? I can't see any way to do it.

How do you then associate them with a different company?

Our import has a ton of out-of-date email addresses, and I want to simply correct them when I come across them:

1. Edit the email address - this seems simple enough to do from the contact record by adding the new email address making it the primary and deleting the old.
  2. Break the association with the original company (How?).
  3. Associate the contact with the new company (How?)

People move companies all the time, this should be incredibly simple, yet I can't find any information anywhere on how to do this.

JArnold
メンバー

解決

Go to Contacts / Companies and find the company - there is a list of contacts associated with it on the right hand side at the top. Delete (dissassociate) the ones you dont need. Then go back to the contact and associate to the company as you need again Top right hand side.

AMM22
参加者

解決

Assuming that the email address changes with a new company is outdated - a lot of our clients contact us via private email addresses.  One of the most irritating situations I come across is when HS confuses a personal email address as a domain and the only way I can break that association is by deleting the company itself.  

A lot of our customers are in academia and we often try to associate them with a particular department or school (like medical school vs. main university).  I feel like it used to be possible to delete a company from the individual contact form and define a new one on the spot.  Now for some reason there is no option at all to delete the company and I can't define a new one because there can be only one per client.   

This strikes me as a perplexing change to capability.  Is there a way I'm missing to break the association between a contact and company without changing the email address?

bhongn
メンバー

解決

Hello, just a follow-up if I move a contact from an old firm to a new one,  is data like notes email exchanges will be retained?

0 いいね!