Email Deliverability

HHilton4

Reaching Email Limit

SOLVE

I have a 1000 email per day limit attached to my Hubspot account. But I keep reaching my daily limit before getting to the 1000 count. 

For example, I sent 730 emails between 10 am - 6 pm, and then the next day, between 10 am - 4 pm, I sent 657. After, I began receiving "Unable to send email" responses due to "Outlook limits have been reached." 

Has anyone experienced this same issue and possibly have any solutions? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Reaching Email Limit

SOLVE

Hi @HHilton4,

It's not unusual to reach the provider limit before reaching the HubSpot limit. Generally, I would assume that HubSpot has intentionally set their limits slightly higher to so that not HubSpot isn't the limiting factor but the email service provider.

"Each email provider has its own rate limits on the number of emails you can send each day. Limits for inboxes connected with Exchange or IMAP vary depending on your mail client; learn more about rate limits for Gmail and Office 365.

A provider's rate limit sometimes include additional limits, such as a bandwidth limit. Therefore, it's possible that you could reach your provider's limit even if you haven't exceeded the number of allotted email sends."

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/sales-email-send-limits#email-provider-limits

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Reaching Email Limit

SOLVE

Hi @HHilton4,

It's not unusual to reach the provider limit before reaching the HubSpot limit. Generally, I would assume that HubSpot has intentionally set their limits slightly higher to so that not HubSpot isn't the limiting factor but the email service provider.

"Each email provider has its own rate limits on the number of emails you can send each day. Limits for inboxes connected with Exchange or IMAP vary depending on your mail client; learn more about rate limits for Gmail and Office 365.

A provider's rate limit sometimes include additional limits, such as a bandwidth limit. Therefore, it's possible that you could reach your provider's limit even if you haven't exceeded the number of allotted email sends."

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/sales-email-send-limits#email-provider-limits

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.