Email Deliverability

wallcoveringuk
Participant

Quarantined List

SOLVE

I have sent out my first bulk email from Hubspot and it has Quarantined lots of valid email addresses. Some of the addresses were old, but all had asked to be on the list and now I cannot send any new add to my important customers - this is useless to me and I am new to Hubspot so on free account and you will not speak to me.......................H E L P

1 Accepted solution
paxton
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Quarantined List

SOLVE

Hi @RoaraLaura,

HubSpot's automatic protection actions will quarantine any list (or import) that is highly likely to bounce. When a contact is quarantined in a HubSpot Free account, it will remain ineligible for email indefinitely.

You may still import new contacts to HubSpot. 

Due to the tools available at the moment there is no way to email the contacts that were previously quarantined. For more information on this, please see this resource.

Thank you,
Paxton

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Quarantined List

SOLVE

Hello @DHall005 ,

One of HubSpot's minimum requirements for use in the marketing email tool is that a contact has been sent an email from your brand in the last year.  HubSpot and other email sending platforms have this requirement in place as stale contacts who have not been emailed in a year or more are much more likely to bounce, unsubscibe or mark mail as spam.  These negatative engagement signals not only impact your brand's ability to reach the primary inbox, but also degrade HubSpot's network that all users share and rely on.  

You'll still be able to send 1:1 connected inbox emails, but once a HubSpot Free account has been suspended for exceeding acceptbale limits the marketing email funcitionality will remain locked.  

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Quarantined List

SOLVE

Thanks to all that have provided feedback here.  HubSpot has several built in automatic protection actions in place incliding list quarantines to protect both individual senders from reputation damage and to keep the HubSpot network healty for everyone who depends on it.  High rates of hatd bounces will damage a sender's ability to reach the primary inbox and also degrades the HubSpot network.  Healthy bounce rates are below 1%.  

Contact lists can become quarantined when:

• a list is used for mutiple sends that result in bounce rates over 5%
  • a list is used in a single send that results in an exceedingly high bounce rate
  • a list is imported that is highly likely to cause high bounce rates

The purpose of the quanartine is to prevent more bounces from happening and causing further negataive impact.

To prevent high bounce rates and list quarantines, marketers should:

As a reminder, the HubSpot marketing email tool cannot be used to determine which contacts are no longer valid.  This list washing behavior will damage your brand's sender reputaton and can negataively impact other HubSpot users, so it's not permitted within HubSpot's Terms of Service

DHall005
Participant

Quarantined List

SOLVE

The same has happened to me from importing an old list. 

All opted in and all valid at opt-in.

I hadn't sent to some contacts in a long time and randomly decided to send them an email when switching over.

Once the bounce rate incident happened I deleted all the old list and left the contacts who I communicate regularly with.

Now you're telling me they will never be able to receive an email from me because of other contacts that I have deleted per your systems request.

This makes no sense.

0 Upvotes
AVikartofsky
Participant

Quarantined List

SOLVE

So, there is no work around here?  Same situation - old list with a 25% bounce rate; quarintined my entire newly uploaded list which took hundreds of hours of work to pull from all of our old files.  

0 Upvotes
wallcoveringuk
Participant

Quarantined List

SOLVE

I just decided to leave HubSpot. They do not seem to understand that all new customers will have old list when they migrate over and this make the whole software unusable. I left HubSpot. Let me know if you need names of better CRM companies that actually care enought to solve this.

0 Upvotes
DBarcelona

Quarantined List

SOLVE

please share, i have the same issue and cannot find a place to go, spent two years collecting 12 k emails

0 Upvotes
NursePatty
Participant

Quarantined List

SOLVE

Hi WallcoveringUK, 

I am here for the same problem.  Not being very tech-savvy, it took a minute to key in my CPR/First Aid clients.  My clients are only engaged every two years mainly and occasional happy holidays. Well, my first email quarantined nearly my whole database.  I am disheartened as my file cabinet, and loose-leaf binders were never so unforgiving of a misspelled email.  We would fix it and move on!

Good luck to us all.  Another member suggested trying another CRM that is not so rigid. Technology, geesh.

paxton
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Quarantined List

SOLVE

Hi @RoaraLaura,

HubSpot's automatic protection actions will quarantine any list (or import) that is highly likely to bounce. When a contact is quarantined in a HubSpot Free account, it will remain ineligible for email indefinitely.

You may still import new contacts to HubSpot. 

Due to the tools available at the moment there is no way to email the contacts that were previously quarantined. For more information on this, please see this resource.

Thank you,
Paxton

0 Upvotes
AlexTeipe

Quarantined List

SOLVE

Hi, there, we have got the same problem in one of our free hubspot accounts.

I have tried to delete the contacts on the quarentine list and it wont let us. 

any thoughts on that?

Alejandro

0 Upvotes
wallcoveringuk
Participant

Quarantined List

SOLVE

Highly unhelpful - not enough warning given before doing mailshot and now a completely useless contact list.

What is worse is that your software does not allow me to delete some of the email addresses in the first place because you cannot have a blank email.

So your software does not allow old email address removal and then quarantined the whole list because I could not remove old email addresses - how very wrong!!!!

drudie
Participant

Quarantined List

SOLVE

I'm in exactly the same position - thogh my quantities are probably less. The only thing I can do, is to send an individual one-to-one email to the quaranteened addresses, then if a reply is received, it gets released. A long winded pain!