Email Deliverability

CAJM

Outlook Marking Emails as Potential "Newsletter" Offering to Unsubscribe

Could anyone please help me understand what it is in HubSpot’s link tracking code that prevents Outlook from suggesting to recipients that our emails are “Newsletters” and prompting them to unsubscribe before they even get to the body of the email?

We have turned off “enable email tracking for all users” in HubSpot’s “Email Integration” – “Log and Track” section to avoid having nefarious looking links in our emails. Unfortunately disabling HubSpot’s link tracking also causes Outlook to suggest a 1:1 company email is a Newsletter and is immediately asking the recipient if they would like to unsubscribe. Multiple trials with the same email content all have the same result, so this situation is clearly specific to Hubspot’s tracking link. 

Conversely, If there is a way to keep HubSpot's feature enabled without having suspicious looking links that would be helpful too! It's quite disappointing to be paying for feature that cannot be used or have our reputation hurt by its absence. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Outlook Marking Emails as Potential "Newsletter" Offering to Unsubscribe

Hello @CAJM,

I was able to see that you are in contact with our Technical support currently, I would recommend to continue to provide any information in the current ticket so they can continue investigating more about it but looks like that currently, this is an expected behavior and you can find more information in our knowledge base here.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !