Email Deliverability

eweissmann

New Account, Marketing Emails Not Unlocked

SOLVE

Hi, I just opened a new account on Hubspot for a new business. I got an email saying "we can't unlock marketing email access". Does this mean I can't send a newsletter? I understood I have 2000 marketing emails/month under the free account. The newsletter is pretty much the whole point. I have added one contact, but I don't want to add any more until I know I'm not wasting my time.

1 Accepted solution
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @eweissmann ,

Not every free account will qualify for marketing email access.  If your Makreting Free portal has been determined as ineligble for marketing email access, the marketing email tool will remain locked.  You'll still be able to use the other features of HubSpot, including 1:1 emails sent via a connected inbox. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @eweissmann ,

Not every free account will qualify for marketing email access.  If your Makreting Free portal has been determined as ineligble for marketing email access, the marketing email tool will remain locked.  You'll still be able to use the other features of HubSpot, including 1:1 emails sent via a connected inbox. 

0 Upvotes
cpcaiopiza

SOLVE

You can’t send emails right now

We've reviewed your appeal and this account isn't eligible for marketing email. You can still use other tools in HubSpot.

This is the message I'm using right now. I would like to be able to send marketing emails soon. I like the platform but without marketing email, Hubspot is going to lose usability to me. I need this unllock soon. If is any worry about me sending Spams I can privatly provide any additional info like business registration or any other info. 

Please @  reply ASAP. It's really urgent.

Best regards,
Caio Piza 
0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @cpcaiopiza ,

The message in your account indicates that HubSpot's automated systems have determined that this account is not eligable for marketing email access, and this decison cannot be appealed further.  The marketing email tool will remain locked, but you can still use the rest of the tools within HubSpot, including 1:1 emails sent via a connected inbox. 

eweissmann

SOLVE

Hi Jess -- thanks for the super quick response; that's very impressive. Without marketing email I won't be using Hubspot at all. Can I do something to get that authorized? I only expect to send a couple of hundred per month until I start adding people (and moving to the paid version), but they're important and that was the whole reason I was getting on Hubspot. Thanks.

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @eweissmann 

We take marketing email and deliverability very seriously. To help users get marketing emails to the primary inbox, we have automated deliverability protection systems designed to help maintain a healthy network reputation and high rates of email deliverability for users.  Accounts that have been deemed inelligable for marketing email access by HubSpot systems will remain locked for marketing email use. 

You'll still be able to use 1:1 email sends to connect with your contacts.  Depeneding on how your contacts were gathered and how opt in was obtained from those contacts to your brand, 1:1 emails may be the right approach to connect with them.  You can read more about the difference between bulk marketing emails and personal 1:1 emails here. 
0 Upvotes
AlxndraD

SOLVE

hello, 

how can you judge deliverability when I have not sent a single email through Hubspot?

I have uploaded around 100 contacts from my previous database, some with, some with/out email address and updated the missing addresses manually.

does that make me uneligible for email marketing?

I really don't understand that procedure.

best regards, 

Alex.

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @AlxndraD ,

Some portals will not qualify for marketing email access based on platform level secuirty safeguards.  We are not able to share details on why an account will not qualify for marketing email access.  If your account was not granted access to the marketing email tool following automated secuirty processes, this tool will remain locked but you will still be able to use the rest of the available tools within the HubSpot platform.

0 Upvotes
eweissmann

SOLVE

Again @DeliveryByJess Thanks for the quick response. That does not work for me. It was a nice relationship for the 30 minutes it lasted. I am closing my account.

0 Upvotes
eweissmann

SOLVE

Sorry -- should have tagged @DeliveryByJess in my previous reply.

0 Upvotes