Email Deliverability

jess7986

If a contact previously marked a message as spam, will resubscribing change that status?

SOLVE

I'm wondering if a simple resubscribe to our emails will change a contact's preference for marking something as spam. A few of my customers call in to ask why they aren't receiving our promotional and sales emails, forgetting that they (or their email provider) previously marked something as spam. From what I understand about the terms of Hubspot, I cannot manually override that action, even with a documented customer request. 

Any ideas on what instructions I can provide to my customers beyond navigating them to the most recent message in their spam/junk folder and having them mark it as NOT spam/junk?

2 Accepted solutions
DanielSanchez
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

If a contact previously marked a message as spam, will resubscribing change that status?

SOLVE

Hi @jess7986 ,

U can try create one page os subscription and send link to your cliente upadte your preferences: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-do-i-customize-my-email-opt-out-page

But i dont know if this solve this question.

I believe your cliente need to inform the email server that your domain not is a spam. U can create one message explain the process to send to your clientes, or one post in your blog or knowledge base to send this link to each cliente to let you know that dont receive your emails.

Important: If you use text in pictures in your email, avoid this practice to

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards!

View solution in original post

DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @jess7986 ,

Sending a resubscirption email to a contact that has marked your mail as spam won't make them eligable for bulk marketing email again, as a spam complaint and and unsubscribe are not the same contact action.  There is not a way for a user within a HubSpot account to remove a contact's spam complaint.  

If you have a paid HubSpot account and access to HubSpot Support, you can open a support ticket for help using the purple "help" button in the lower right hand corner of your account.  Be sure to have evidence that the contact reached out to your brand requesting email again - an exmaple of this would be an email from that contact asking to be resubscribed.  Support will need this information to remove the spam complaint when applicable. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @jess7986 ,

Sending a resubscirption email to a contact that has marked your mail as spam won't make them eligable for bulk marketing email again, as a spam complaint and and unsubscribe are not the same contact action.  There is not a way for a user within a HubSpot account to remove a contact's spam complaint.  

If you have a paid HubSpot account and access to HubSpot Support, you can open a support ticket for help using the purple "help" button in the lower right hand corner of your account.  Be sure to have evidence that the contact reached out to your brand requesting email again - an exmaple of this would be an email from that contact asking to be resubscribed.  Support will need this information to remove the spam complaint when applicable. 

DanielSanchez
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jess7986 ,

U can try create one page os subscription and send link to your cliente upadte your preferences: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-do-i-customize-my-email-opt-out-page

But i dont know if this solve this question.

I believe your cliente need to inform the email server that your domain not is a spam. U can create one message explain the process to send to your clientes, or one post in your blog or knowledge base to send this link to each cliente to let you know that dont receive your emails.

Important: If you use text in pictures in your email, avoid this practice to

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards!