Email Deliverability

LHassebrock

IP allowlisting Issues

SOLVE

We've been testing using the email marketing tool from Hubspot to track internal communications with our employees. I had IT allowlist the IP addresses found under the Email List Tools, but then the next test email we sent from Hubspot came from an IP address not included in that list and still ended up in our employees' junk folders.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there a way to get the FULL range of IP addresses if there are more than what was included in the Email List Tools? The next test we sent did come from an IP on the list, but we will be using this to communicate with all of our employees and can't have any of the emails end up in the junk folder. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

IP allowlisting Issues

SOLVE

Hello @LHassebrock ,

The single IP of 158.247.28.104 is included in the range of 158.247.16.0/20.  A range denoted with a /20 will have more than 4K individua IPs included.  It may be helpful to use a free range expander tool to uncover all single IPs included in a range - here's a free tool you can use. 

Using the free expander linked above, you'll find 158.247.28.104 is included in the range of 158.247.16.0/20 within the CSV file that the tool provides.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

IP allowlisting Issues

SOLVE

Hello @DBurke225 ,

The article you mentioned only covers the IPs in use by all HubSpot accounts for system notifications.  To find the IP ranges that are in use by your HubSpot account to send marketing emails, you'll want to follow the instuctions in this help article. 

0 Upvotes
LHassebrock

IP allowlisting Issues

SOLVE

We checked, and the email definitely went to an IP outside any of the ranges on the allow list and on that support document. The IP address it came from was 158.247.28.104, and the closest range we have from any of the lists is 158.247.16.0/20. 

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

IP allowlisting Issues

SOLVE

Hello @LHassebrock ,

The single IP of 158.247.28.104 is included in the range of 158.247.16.0/20.  A range denoted with a /20 will have more than 4K individua IPs included.  It may be helpful to use a free range expander tool to uncover all single IPs included in a range - here's a free tool you can use. 

Using the free expander linked above, you'll find 158.247.28.104 is included in the range of 158.247.16.0/20 within the CSV file that the tool provides.  

DBurke225

IP allowlisting Issues

SOLVE

Where is the list of IP ranges that includes that 158.247.16.0/20 range? It is not listed in this link: Not receiving HubSpot system or notification emails

Emails sent from Hubspot keep getting blocked when sent to my users in our Domain, because Micorsoft blocks it. I think it views it as spoof. I don't have access to our HubSpot to check our SMTP integration, so was just going to add the IPs to our Allowed/Blocked list. But the IP it sent from isn't on the list Hubspot says to allow.

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

IP allowlisting Issues

SOLVE

Hello @LHassebrock ,

I would reccomend verrifying with your IT Team that the full ranges of IPs shown in your account's allow listing managger were added to your internal safe list.  Within this tool, ranges of IPs are listed but it's a common mistake to only list a single IP within the range instead of the full range.

Every account will use a separate set of IPs for system notification emails, and you can find the IPs used for this purpose within this Support document.