Email Deliverability

AMarealle
Participant

Hubspot stopped sending my email

SOLVE

Dear All

I'm currently cleaning our mailing list with a free CRM, but facing an issue with Hubspot rules.
background:
We have a list of 400+ email addresses that we've gathered from events the business has hosted over the years, but they don't have any personal information like names or positions, for example.

We made the decision to send an email requesting the recipient to provide any missing information or unsubscribe since we did not want to delete these emails because some of them are helpful to us. Hubspot only sent a total of 15 emails, though, due to the high bounce rate.

How can I get around this problem? I need to send these emails so I can track which ones are going to bounce so I can delete them. In addition, I need to provide the subscriber chance to provide us with more information such as their names, position etc or give them the option to unsubscribe if they do not want to receive any more correspondence from us in the future.

Many thanks in advance 

Asinath 

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @AMarealle, thanks for reaching out!

HubSpot is huge on email deliverability, so it is crucial that the contacts you're emailing have valid email addresses and are expecting to hear from you.

That said, emails change a lot over time! People leave jobs or deactivate old email accounts, so you'll naturally have some email churn. I recommend using an email scrubbing tool, like NeverBounce, to weed out invalid or unknown email addresses before sending bulk emails in HubSpot. If you upload your list, NeverBounce will test those target email addresses and flag any that are invalid or have a high chance of being invalid. Any invalid/unknown email addresses should be removed from HubSpot (unless you're able to do some digging and get an updated email address). No tool is perfect, but this should help get you on your way.

Once you've cleaned your list (both from NeverBounce and the bounces in HubSpot) and followed the prompts from HubSpot to continue sending emails, you can retry the send to the remaining contacts. 

Just be careful about pushing this list too much. If it's an older list that hasn't been receiving regular emails from you, you're more likely to see unsubscribes and spam reports from continued emails. And if you don't hear back from someone, I would treat them as an unsubscribe just to be safe.

As you continue to build your database, you can be sure to collect name, company info, and any other essential data when you're creating contacts to help avoid this in the future.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

If you are just using the free marketing Hub, this could get your account suspended to the point where you cannot send anymore and free accounts cannot be appealed. So unfortunately if you are in this use case you would need to setup a new account, preferrably a paid one, which does not have the same restrictions, or lack of ability to appeal.  Otherwise, you will be forced to send from somewhere other than Hubspot.  However, even then, looking for a free host to clean up lists is going to be a tactic that will get you banned pretty easily because tolerance for free accounts at places that offer them like Hubspot is extremely low. Basically if you are not willing to pay, why should the host be willing to risk their reputation on you?

AMarealle
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Ben for responding to my question. I did not know the fact-free account can not appeal that is very useful information. 

0 Upvotes
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @AMarealle, thanks for reaching out!

HubSpot is huge on email deliverability, so it is crucial that the contacts you're emailing have valid email addresses and are expecting to hear from you.

That said, emails change a lot over time! People leave jobs or deactivate old email accounts, so you'll naturally have some email churn. I recommend using an email scrubbing tool, like NeverBounce, to weed out invalid or unknown email addresses before sending bulk emails in HubSpot. If you upload your list, NeverBounce will test those target email addresses and flag any that are invalid or have a high chance of being invalid. Any invalid/unknown email addresses should be removed from HubSpot (unless you're able to do some digging and get an updated email address). No tool is perfect, but this should help get you on your way.

Once you've cleaned your list (both from NeverBounce and the bounces in HubSpot) and followed the prompts from HubSpot to continue sending emails, you can retry the send to the remaining contacts. 

Just be careful about pushing this list too much. If it's an older list that hasn't been receiving regular emails from you, you're more likely to see unsubscribes and spam reports from continued emails. And if you don't hear back from someone, I would treat them as an unsubscribe just to be safe.

As you continue to build your database, you can be sure to collect name, company info, and any other essential data when you're creating contacts to help avoid this in the future.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
AMarealle
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Jolle for the insights and recommendations, it was really helpful. I will look into never bounce to clean the emails. 

Many thanks

0 Upvotes