Email Deliverability

PlanetPluto
Participant

Hubspot free - We are spoofing emails which will affect delivery right?

I'm brand new and using hubspot free.

At the moment my delivery on a few one-on-one emails is not good. I'm not using linked inboxes at moment while I am testing so emails are going out directly from within crm from a single user. The delivery success has not been good but I wanted to confirm a possible reason.

The visible 'sent' email address is from our company domain. The sending IP address which is hidden in the email header is Hubspot's. So the email address is spoofed (with good intention).

If left like that, my understanding is that many ISP's which are now becoming increasingly wary, will reject the mismatch and the email won't be received. Would I be correct in saying that a solution would be to edit the SPF record in my DNS to include Hubspot's details. This means that my DNS record authorizes Hubspot to send emails with our domain in the 'sent' field. No spoofing.

But here is the rub. On the free plan, they won't give out the spf details needed to clear this up. You have to be on a paid plan. I would ask the Hubspot people if this is wise? Surely it is better to give us a great experience for us to want to progress to the higher plans than give a free product that is broken.

Please comment in case I am missing something or have got this completely wrong. Thanks

23 Replies 23
PlanetPluto
Participant

Hi Jenny, having no issues sending or receiving emails to contacts outside of Hubspot.

Can you provide the necessary SPF information?

Thanks

Jeff

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PlanetPluto,

Thanks for the information! 

SPF records are only available with Marketing starter and above subscriptions.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
PlanetPluto
Participant

Hi Jenny, that is a shame. It means that the free Hubspot is broken for me and presumably for those in Australia that need to communicate with people using our largest ISP (Telstra). I hope that you will escalate.

It is like being given a free ticket to a game and being told told to sit in the foyer after you  get there. You can listen but not see. So you go home very disappointed. Thx Jeff