Email Deliverability

kalex
Contributor

HubSpot Dedicated IP and setup/maintenance

SOLVE

Hello, my company is considering a dedicated IP add-on and I was curious if anyone who already has one could speak to ease or difficulty of setup and maintenance. Also, I'm very curious if someone with no server experience would be able to handle that in addition to running all things HubSpot.

2 Accepted solutions
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @kalex! Personally, I would think having a Dedicated IP creates less work overall. Instead of the potential (rare) of your IP ever being changed and hoping that all the redirects catch up and keep the traffic flowing, you never have to worry about that. Constant flow of traffic to the same IP. Once it is setup, you shouldn't need to worry about it. If you experience any downtime, the cause should be something other than the possibility the IP changed on you.

But perhaps you could share a little more about how your company plans to implement the Dedicated IP  and what concerns/questions it creates for you where Hubspot is concerned. Here's an overview article if it helps:

What Is a Dedicated IP Server? | HostGator

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kalex,

I've implemented dedicated IP addresses with my HubSpot customers before and found the process to be pretty straight forward. HubSpot has simplified this process over time.

I can't share the document itself but during the most recent setup, we received clear instructions:

karstenkoehler_0-1666327973279.png

There are some steps requiring you to edit your domain settings, see here, however everything is fairly well documented.

That being said: If you don't have any deliverability issues at the moment (concerning numbers of hard bounces, recipients saying that they're not receiving your marketing emails) and if you don't have any specific use cases for it, you might not need the dedicated IP. Keep in mind that you'll have more control over your email sending reputatin – but also more responsibility. If you mess up, there's not going to be the safety net of a shared reputation across thousands of other customers. The guide (screenshot above) I shared provides a lot of valuable information on this topic, just keep it in mind before you make a purchase decision.

Thank you for tagging, @Crystal_Hopper!

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
KWalls7

SOLVE

Considering a dedicated IP add-on for HubSpot is a great step towards enhancing your email deliverability and reputation! Setting up a dedicated IP can vary in complexity depending on your email volume and sender reputation. It's generally manageable even for someone without server experience, as long as you follow HubSpot's guidelines and best practices.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @kalex! Personally, I would think having a Dedicated IP creates less work overall. Instead of the potential (rare) of your IP ever being changed and hoping that all the redirects catch up and keep the traffic flowing, you never have to worry about that. Constant flow of traffic to the same IP. Once it is setup, you shouldn't need to worry about it. If you experience any downtime, the cause should be something other than the possibility the IP changed on you.

But perhaps you could share a little more about how your company plans to implement the Dedicated IP  and what concerns/questions it creates for you where Hubspot is concerned. Here's an overview article if it helps:

What Is a Dedicated IP Server? | HostGator

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
kalex
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply Crystal. I will review the document provided. To give you some background, I work on a small team and essentially anything involving HubSpot is made my responsibility. We have been having issues with contacts saying they aren't receiving our emails despite having a delivered status. Thus, we have discussed the possibility of using the dedicated server add-on.

My concern is that from what I understand dedicated IP's main benefit is boosting deliverability rates. However given our deliverability rates are consistently very high I wonder if the benefit will truly be worth the effort/cost. Personally, I'm not sure having someone with no server experience is the best person to be in charge of the setup and day-day but it looks like it may end up being the case. So I was hoping to get an idea of what to expect from those who have gone through the process.

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thank you for the additional information. I'll tag some of the smartest people I know and ask them to comment if they have any insight for you. @karstenkoehler@danmoyle @webdew 

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Crystal_Hopper you're far too kind. I see this is solved, but I appreciate you including me in your tags. 😊 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kalex,

I've implemented dedicated IP addresses with my HubSpot customers before and found the process to be pretty straight forward. HubSpot has simplified this process over time.

I can't share the document itself but during the most recent setup, we received clear instructions:

karstenkoehler_0-1666327973279.png

There are some steps requiring you to edit your domain settings, see here, however everything is fairly well documented.

That being said: If you don't have any deliverability issues at the moment (concerning numbers of hard bounces, recipients saying that they're not receiving your marketing emails) and if you don't have any specific use cases for it, you might not need the dedicated IP. Keep in mind that you'll have more control over your email sending reputatin – but also more responsibility. If you mess up, there's not going to be the safety net of a shared reputation across thousands of other customers. The guide (screenshot above) I shared provides a lot of valuable information on this topic, just keep it in mind before you make a purchase decision.

Thank you for tagging, @Crystal_Hopper!

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

kalex
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the insight Karsten!

0 Upvotes