Email Deliverability

bgaulin

How to complete the send to the remaining contacts from a Hubspot stopped email list

SOLVE

I'm a new user and I imported my existing email distribution list and set it up for a marketing send. It sent to about 20% then stopped because of the number of hard bounces. This doesn't surprise me as it is mostly a business list and in the Canadian energy sector about 20% of the people I know have lost their positions in the last 18 months.

I got the notice of being stopped by hubspot and it had a send to remaining engaged contacts button, but I'm not sure if it will send to everyone again (I don't want the people who have already received it to get it again) and I want it to send to the remainder of my list so I will know who re remove because the bounced emails tells me who's no longer in their positions and then I can remove them. so I've got the clone and the option to send and exclused unengaged, but it looks like its going to send to the entire list again.  

This is very confusing, to send or not to send, how do I get to my whole list and not duplicate. It should have a simple send to remaining in the email send, not just the email notification I recieved. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

How to complete the send to the remaining contacts from a Hubspot stopped email list

SOLVE

Hi @bgaulin 

The help doc on the subject states "click the Send to remaining engaged contacts button to send a clone of your original email to any remaining engaged contacts from your recipients list. This includes any contacts who have received, opened, or clicked one of your emails, or have opted in via a sign-up form."

The description of engaged contacts is quite different from the definition of unengaged and it implies it will only send to the remaing contacts on your original list who also meet the engaged contact criteria - so not all of them most likely. 

The alternative approach is to build a new list based on the same segmemtentation, or just membership in the first list, and then exlcuded contacts who recieved the first marketing email. Of you course, you run the risk of the same thing happening again if you take this approach. 

Hope this 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @bgaulin 

The help doc on the subject states "click the Send to remaining engaged contacts button to send a clone of your original email to any remaining engaged contacts from your recipients list. This includes any contacts who have received, opened, or clicked one of your emails, or have opted in via a sign-up form."

The description of engaged contacts is quite different from the definition of unengaged and it implies it will only send to the remaing contacts on your original list who also meet the engaged contact criteria - so not all of them most likely. 

The alternative approach is to build a new list based on the same segmemtentation, or just membership in the first list, and then exlcuded contacts who recieved the first marketing email. Of you course, you run the risk of the same thing happening again if you take this approach. 

Hope this 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes