Email Deliverability

mubashir
Participant

How can I filter Healthy Leads and Dead Leads also how can I protect my email from being blocklisted

SOLVE

1:- We want to segment "healthy" leads from "dead" leads and then create a 3rd segment of those in-between. The overall goal is to send healthy leads daily emails, dead leads maybe once a month and then test w/ the in-between.

2:- Sending tens-of-thousands of emails without double-opt-in often causes us to be blocklisted from certain email-servers, Explain me the process with which I can prevent it from happening. 

Ps:- I have zero knowledge regarding it, kindly provide me proper resources and help, so that I won't have to ask again.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

How can I filter Healthy Leads and Dead Leads also how can I protect my email from being blocklisted

SOLVE

Hi @mubashir,

Sending your e-mails from multiple subdomains is a way to protect your sending reputation, indeed. By using sudomains for email sending domains, you can spread the risk. The method is explained in detail here, including examples: https://blog.hive.co/everything-you-need-to-know-about-email-subdomains/

This knowledge base article from HubSpot walks you through connecting subdomains as email domains: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/how-to-connect-your-email-sending-domain

Keep in mind though that you should understand your sending reputation first and take appropriate measures to improve it (see the links from my previous posts). Distributing your mass emails across email sending subdomains wouldn't solve the problem since it's probably not the main reason why your emails are being labeled as spam.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mubashir,

Your first question requires a definition of what "healthy" and "dead" means for you. It's best if your marketing and sales team define this together. For example, certain email and website activitity could characterize a healthy lead (views of certain pages, a number of opened emails, recent email clicks). Once you have a set of criteria, they can be used to build active lists - or to set up lead scoring in HubSpot which allows for more nuances (this wouldn't have to be binary as in healthy/dead). Now you could segment further or use these lists as recipient lists for your emails.

Your second question is about email deliverability. @natsumimori has compiled a lot of resources on the topic here. If "blocklisted" refers to hard bounces, a first step for you could be verifying your list of email addresses with a tool like NeverBounce. They offer bulk validation of emails. As a result, emails with expected hard bounces would be removed from your list, increasing the likelihood that your mass emails are being delivered to the rest of the email addresses. Make sure to discuss this with your data privacy officer or legal team before you export contact data into another tool.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mubashir
Participant

SOLVE

Yes Healthy Lead according to us means those leads who respond to our emails, click on that rather than the dead ones who never bother opening them, This is how we want to segment them. 

coming towards the second question blocklisted here I mean email gets spammed, what i mean is that It comes into the spam folder, the email provider considers the email address as spam, we don't want this to happen  it to our emails. 

Can you help me through this. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mubashir,

Unfortunately there's no easy, straight forward answer to this question. This is a topic that a lot of companies are struggling with. Like search engine ranking criteria, there are dozens of reasons why your content is treated this way. Getting to the bottom of it requires some detective work: research, testing, educated guesses, optimization.

Here are two more resources as starting points for you:

https://academy.hubspot.com/lessons/understanding-email-deliverability

https://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/30594/a-marketer-s-guide-to-getting-past-email-spam-fil...

Hope this helps.

Karsten Köhler

mubashir
Participant

SOLVE

Is their any possible way of keeping domain email clean, like i heard from some one, that we can do this by creating sub-domains, something like that, but I have no idea , what that was all about. i am quoting you the line

" As you expand your email marketing materials, you’ll want to create sub-domains and maintain opt-in methods to optimize deliverability and protect your domain reputation. You've do this by creating sub-domains and by segmenting your current list into categories by their deliverability & clickable status. "

What does this exactly mean?? It will be great if you'd help me through.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mubashir,

Sending your e-mails from multiple subdomains is a way to protect your sending reputation, indeed. By using sudomains for email sending domains, you can spread the risk. The method is explained in detail here, including examples: https://blog.hive.co/everything-you-need-to-know-about-email-subdomains/

This knowledge base article from HubSpot walks you through connecting subdomains as email domains: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/how-to-connect-your-email-sending-domain

Keep in mind though that you should understand your sending reputation first and take appropriate measures to improve it (see the links from my previous posts). Distributing your mass emails across email sending subdomains wouldn't solve the problem since it's probably not the main reason why your emails are being labeled as spam.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

mubashir
Participant

SOLVE
Thanks I would thoroughly go through all of your provided resources, I will tune back to you if my query is solved.
0 Upvotes