Email Deliverability

McPoyle

High Quarantine Rate in Uploaded List

SOLVE

Looking for more detail on why a list of customer email addresses that I uploaded from an Excel table, has an 80% quarantine rate.  Hubspot articles list multiple reasons why contacts might be quarantined, but Is it possible to determine the specific reason for quarantine? Are there uploading procedures that should be followed to avoid this fate? Thanks for any help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @McPoyle ,

All imported lists are cross checked against HubSpot's historical network data at time of import.  If an imported list contains a high percentage of contacts that have bounced from sends across the HbSpot network, the contacts will be quartantined at import to prevenr bounces and the negative impact they cause to your brand's sender reputation and the resources all customers share.

You can help to prevent lists from being quanatined by ensuring that all contacts meet HubSpot's minumum criteria.  Using a third party email validation tool can also help to remove invalid contacts from your lists before they are imported to the HubSpot platform.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @McPoyle ,

All imported lists are cross checked against HubSpot's historical network data at time of import.  If an imported list contains a high percentage of contacts that have bounced from sends across the HbSpot network, the contacts will be quartantined at import to prevenr bounces and the negative impact they cause to your brand's sender reputation and the resources all customers share.

You can help to prevent lists from being quanatined by ensuring that all contacts meet HubSpot's minumum criteria.  Using a third party email validation tool can also help to remove invalid contacts from your lists before they are imported to the HubSpot platform.

0 Upvotes
firstimeuser

SOLVE

Same problem happened to me - list of people I added which I know personally and talk to them on regular base (30 contacts) ws quarantined 😞 and now my email send was suspended 😞

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @firstimeuser ,

The HubSpot platform has built in auto protection action to keep HubSpot's network healthy for everyone who shares it, and email suspensions can occur when acceptble limits for bounces, unsubscribes or spam reports are exceeded.   These negataive engagement signals degrde the shared network which is the reason auto protection actions are in place.

If you are using a Marketing Free account, makewtung email sending access will remain suspened.  You may still use the other tools within HubSpot including sending 1:1 emails through a connected inbox. 

0 Upvotes