Email Deliverability

JBanks

Hard Bounce Reason = Other

SOLVE

I've noticed that there are a large number of contacts in my HubSpot database whose 'Email Hard Bounce Reason' became 'Other' as soon as they were uploaded to the system.

I'm unsure why this could be, as surely HubSpot won't know if the email bounces until an email is sent. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I'm wondering if HubSpot is able to identify spam email addresses without sending an email?

Thanks in advance!

Jack

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JBanks,

If you haven't sent any emails to these contacts, I'd assume they're global bounces: 'a hard bounce for a permanent reason across three or more HubSpot accounts. Permanent bounces include unknown user and mailbox full. Global bounces are dropped from future emails across all HubSpot accounts.'

This usually shows up as a notice in the top left corner of a contact record. Could you check?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JBanks,

If you haven't sent any emails to these contacts, I'd assume they're global bounces: 'a hard bounce for a permanent reason across three or more HubSpot accounts. Permanent bounces include unknown user and mailbox full. Global bounces are dropped from future emails across all HubSpot accounts.'

This usually shows up as a notice in the top left corner of a contact record. Could you check?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
JBanks

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks so much for the quick reply! That's exactly the issue, thanks!

0 Upvotes