Email Deliverability

nghaddar

Hard Bounce Date?

SOLVE

Is there a way to see the date of the hard bounce?

I'm creating a workflow to handle hard bounces on an ongoing basis. I don't see a date field I can use as the enrollment criteria. My other thought was to enroll a contact when the 'Email hard bounce reason' changes from unknown to known, but I don't see a way to do this. 

I appreciate any ideas from the community!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hard Bounce Date?

SOLVE

Hi @nghaddar,

If you want to enroll contacts in your workflow whose 'Email hard bounce reason' was previously unknown and is now known, you could use exactly that as an enrollment trigger: 'Email hard bounce reason is known'. Just make sure that you choose 'No, only enroll contacts who meet the trigger criteria after turning the workflow on'.

If you need the date of the hard bounce reason (for example for reporting), you could create a custom date property and add a date stamp action in the above workflow. This wouldn't backfill older hard bounces but you'd have the data from now on.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hard Bounce Date?

SOLVE

Hi @nghaddar,

If you want to enroll contacts in your workflow whose 'Email hard bounce reason' was previously unknown and is now known, you could use exactly that as an enrollment trigger: 'Email hard bounce reason is known'. Just make sure that you choose 'No, only enroll contacts who meet the trigger criteria after turning the workflow on'.

If you need the date of the hard bounce reason (for example for reporting), you could create a custom date property and add a date stamp action in the above workflow. This wouldn't backfill older hard bounces but you'd have the data from now on.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.