Email Deliverability

JZilenziger

Global Bounce and List Count/Cleaning

SOLVE

We are experiecing issues where contacts that are globally bounced are being removed from our email list but reaching out to us personally and asking why they are no longer receiving our emails. In other words, they still exist but were at some point added to the globally bounced list (sometimes over 4 years ago). 

Are there any plans to update the global bounce feature to reevaluate if these contacts added to global bounce are actually still in existence? It seems strange to me that since we have our own dedicated IP we would be affected by bounces in other HubSpot instances, hence the global bounce. 

Also, what are some of the best practices in place others are using the keep their email lists clean? 

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@JZilenziger because HubSpot sends millions of emails through its servers, global bounces happen because sometimes other players don't play by the rules, and it'll get bounced somewhere else, affecting you. "To solve the problem, ask the contact to add your sending IP addresses to their allowlist, then unbounce the contact in HubSpot." 

As for list cleaning and maintenance, I like to suggest using Neverbounce and the HubSpot integration.

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@JZilenziger because HubSpot sends millions of emails through its servers, global bounces happen because sometimes other players don't play by the rules, and it'll get bounced somewhere else, affecting you. "To solve the problem, ask the contact to add your sending IP addresses to their allowlist, then unbounce the contact in HubSpot." 

As for list cleaning and maintenance, I like to suggest using Neverbounce and the HubSpot integration.

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/