Email Deliverability

OllieHooper

General Email Deliverability Tips

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

Having used HubSpot for a few months now, I have noticed that the emails I am sending out are receiving 1/3 of the average deliverability rate according to the industry standard.

We make sure that our emails do not include spam keywords, links or any other factors that contribute to system flagging.

Does anyone have any tips to prevent emails going to spam/not getting delivered for other reasons such as the receiving system identifying the email as inbound from a HubSpot IP address?

Let me know.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Karla1,

This is a common challenge. Could you confirm that you have connected your email sending domain and set up email authentification (SPF, DMARC)? Both are considered best practice and should help with your email deliverability and would be the first steps towards better deliverability.

In general, similar to SEO, you want to try to pass on as many positive signals about your content as possible. The eventual decision what to do with that content rests with the service provider. With that in mind, here is a list of things that I'd recommend reviewing:

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Only email contacts who for whom you have a legal basis to communicate

Validate emails before sending to avoid hard bounces at all costs (e.g. Neverbounce, Zerobounce)

Remove unengaged contacts from list regularly for higher engagement rates

Avoid as many spam trigger words as possible

Test the spammyness of your email

@kaburke wrote an excellent email deliverability listicle and @natsumimori also compiled a lot of great resources here. I highly recommend you check out both. Over time, email service providers should recognize you as a trustworthy sender.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Karla1,

This is a common challenge. Could you confirm that you have connected your email sending domain and set up email authentification (SPF, DMARC)? Both are considered best practice and should help with your email deliverability and would be the first steps towards better deliverability.

In general, similar to SEO, you want to try to pass on as many positive signals about your content as possible. The eventual decision what to do with that content rests with the service provider. With that in mind, here is a list of things that I'd recommend reviewing:

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Only email contacts who for whom you have a legal basis to communicate

Validate emails before sending to avoid hard bounces at all costs (e.g. Neverbounce, Zerobounce)

Remove unengaged contacts from list regularly for higher engagement rates

Avoid as many spam trigger words as possible

Test the spammyness of your email

@kaburke wrote an excellent email deliverability listicle and @natsumimori also compiled a lot of great resources here. I highly recommend you check out both. Over time, email service providers should recognize you as a trustworthy sender.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Bookmarking this answer to share with clients. Great insight, @karstenkoehler 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/